• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Logans Metal Products Bumpers

Cutting it about half an inch to an inch down and then bending it looks better, IMO.

Make sure you hit it with some paint to keep the rust monster at bay.

If you have a 97 and later, all you have to do is unscrew the selftappers holding the bumper endcaps on (and then shoot the holes with some rattle can, again just to prevent rust.)

Cutting it about half an inch to an inch down and then bending it looks better, IMO.

Make sure you hit it with some paint to keep the rust monster at bay.

If you have a 97 and later, all you have to do is unscrew the selftappers holding the bumper endcaps on (and then shoot the holes with some rattle can, again just to prevent rust.)

Yea I was planning on bending it. I have a 94 so the fenders are not flush with the headlights. I am going to trim the fenders and the flares on the same line.

I know this is a little old, but I thought I'd reply in saying that Logans has made revisions to the original design in the back support structure, by adding those uprights that Deadman said they needed.

Before I painted it
ic3cqx.jpg

After
10omhds.jpg

I would recommend them to anyone, my rear tire carrier bumper is on the way from them too.

Did you get the rear bumper? If so how do you like it and please post a pic.

Just installed my LMP front bumper last weekend. I would recommend buying the hardware from them for the $30, it's a good deal and saves time.
IMAG0049.jpg

Mine just arrived yesterday, but I was dumb and didnt order the hardware with it. What size are the bolts that attach the mounts to the bumper itself? I think there are 5 on each side with the nuts welded onto the bumper.

Ryan

Mine just arrived yesterday, but I was dumb and didnt order the hardware with it. What size are the bolts that attach the mounts to the bumper itself? I think there are 5 on each side with the nuts welded onto the bumper.

Ryan

FRONT CHEROKEE BUMPER HARDWARE:
Eight 1/2" nuts
Eighteen 1/2" washers
Eighteen 1/2" lock washers
One large 1/2" washer
Two 3/8" lock washers
Two 3/8" x 16 x 1" bolts
Two 1/2" x 13 x 4" bolts
One 1/2" x 13 x 3 1/2" bolt
Fourteen 1/2" x 13 x 1 1/2" bolts

FRONT CHEROKEE BUMPER HARDWARE:
Eight 1/2" nuts
Eighteen 1/2" washers
Eighteen 1/2" lock washers
One large 1/2" washer
Two 3/8" lock washers
Two 3/8" x 16 x 1" bolts
Two 1/2" x 13 x 4" bolts
One 1/2" x 13 x 3 1/2" bolt
Fourteen 1/2" x 13 x 1 1/2" bolts
I hope those two 1/2" x 4" bolts are not for the steering box. I had Jamie email me a list of the hardware I needed and they were definitely not 1/2". Caused a bit of headache.

I hope those two 1/2" x 4" bolts are not for the steering box. I had Jamie email me a list of the hardware I needed and they were definitely not 1/2". Caused a bit of headache.

I used my stock steering box bolts.

The 4" bolts are for the passenger side there are 2 holes which they use to mount the bumper and they have to pass through the frame.

steering box bolts are 7/16"-14 UNC. I believe the stock ones are 4" or 4.5" long. Figure out exactly how long you need them before buying new ones because the stock ones are barely long enough as it is, but if you buy ones that are too much too long, the threaded part of the bolt won't be long enough to tighten them down properly before you run the smooth shank into the steering box threads.

steering box bolts are 7/16"-14 UNC. I believe the stock ones are 4" or 4.5" long. Figure out exactly how long you need them before buying new ones because the stock ones are barely long enough as it is, but if you buy ones that are too much too long, the threaded part of the bolt won't be long enough to tighten them down properly before you run the smooth shank into the steering box threads.

You can use your stock steering box bolts. Take off the stock washer and put a regular flat washer on the bolts that line up with the bracket.

They are long enough to show a few threads past the steering box.

You do NOT want to take that washer out, but otherwise I agree.

The thick washers are there to spread the load more effectively than a thin washer can. Using a thin washer will result in frame rail deformation quicker than a thick washer, the frame rail between the track bar bracket and the steering box is one of the real problem areas on a heavily built XJ.

You do NOT want to take that washer out, but otherwise I agree.

The thick washers are there to spread the load more effectively than a thin washer can. Using a thin washer will result in frame rail deformation quicker than a thick washer, the frame rail between the track bar bracket and the steering box is one of the real problem areas on a heavily built XJ.

You do not need the thick washer on the two bolts that go though the bumper brackets. The bumper brackets are either 3/16's or 1/4" thick there for the washer is not necessary since the bracket acts like a whole unibody washer. There is no reason to take the washer off the bottom bolt that is not mounted through the bracket.

good point. On mine I had to run the washers on all three bolts because two holes were drilled oversize (to the point that the heads on the bolts were only about 1/8" larger than the hole) and one was an oversize notch into the edge of the bracket instead of an actual hole.

love to see any pics of a rear logans metal bumper. I love my front bumper. One of these days, I'll paint it silver to match the rest of my lower trim. :)

I would like to see more pics of this bumper also. Maybe I'll ask Logan's to send me some more photos, the one on their website could be better.

I ordered front bumper from Logans Metal 3 months ago while Jamie told me it would be done in January. Finally last week they sent me tracking number and today I found out they voided this tracking number. For me this is worst customer service you could get.

Bump this up?

Any new info on this product?

I am about to start collecting parts for my next project, and have had my eye on these bumpers for a long time. Would be ordering front and rear at the same time, with hardware.

Hoping to get them for 700 Shipped (basically free shipping)

I saw the corners had been gussetted, how is that working out?

Any new complaints?

PM's are easier, but Ill try to check this thread fairly regularly.

I bought these back in January 2010ish, they was behind so it took a few weeks longer than they expected cause the powered coating guy was sick or something... but this is my FB link, I cannot post pics cause i cannot access photobucket. I pulled a Uhaul 16 foot open top and a 16 foot box trailer over the mountains between Pittsburgh and Virginia Beach, jeep struggled but I checked the mounts a few times along the way and when I got to where I was going, nothing loose or open holes. The actual hitch receiver was a little big, but I fixed that with a tree branch and a stick.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1253683832177.38951.1531991785

let me know if that don't work. I may be hidden.

there you go, all fixed, enjoy!

Back