• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Logans Metal Products Bumpers

It took mine about a week and I picked it up from the shop. They don't have the best response times, maybe that's changed, but they are pretty busy there. It's a one man deal and he puts out as many as he can. FWIW.

One thing for those that haven't ordered the bumper yet, you might want to talk to them about adding some internal bracing to support the bumper ends. If you smack something hard enough, this will happen. The guys that ordered with the "hoop" might stand a better chance since I think that hoop might strengthen this area. Either way, they really should have gusseted this area. I didn't hit it that hard.

Picture058.jpg

Form what I remember, they were pretty open to suggestions.

As far as winching goes, the bumper is rock solid for the way it mounts. It's never given me an issue and it doesn't "flex" the way you see some bumpers do.

I have had the front bumper on my xj for over a year now and love it. Jamie and the crew were super helpful, great customer service. I would recommend them to anyone.

wow. I'm definitely going to add some uprights now, just to tie in those ends...maybe weld some supports to the plate that runs back onto the frame.

Last edited:
wow. I'm definitely going to add some uprights now, just to tie in those ends...maybe weld them to the plate that runs back onto the frame.

Yeah, I'm not trying to scare anyone that has the bumper. Just more of a heads up incase somebody thinks it's invicible Like I did lol.

I used to use the bumper as a guide to direct the jeep off of trees (preiviously scarred trees) and really liked the way it worked until I guess I pushed up against one a little too hard and it folded.

In other words, anything will bend or break if abused but I was pretty disapointed with this one and the amount of force it took to do that. The bumper still sits straight and if you look at it from head on you couldn't tell. But I had to pull it out a little with the winch.

Yeah, I'm not trying to scare anyone that has the bumper. Just more of a heads up incase somebody thinks it's invicible Like I did lol.

I used to use the bumper as a guide to direct the jeep off of trees (preiviously scarred trees) and really liked the way it worked until I guess I pushed up against one a little too hard and it folded.

In other words, anything will bend or break if abused but I was pretty disapointed with this one and the amount of force it took to do that. The bumper still sits straight and if you look at it from head on you couldn't tell. But I had to pull it out a little with the winch.

Nope, not scared here, just more informed. I appreciate it!

I'd rather know now, so I can plan to reinforce it. Glad your winching sessions have been successful. Pretty much what I expected and had heard before I got mine.

I know this is a little old, but I thought I'd reply in saying that Logans has made revisions to the original design in the back support structure, by adding those uprights that Deadman said they needed.

Before I painted it
ic3cqx.jpg

After
10omhds.jpg

I would recommend them to anyone, my rear tire carrier bumper is on the way from them too.

I wonder if they would send me those braces for mine. I have not had any issues so far even with a smack or two on some rocks but i wouldn't mind strengthening it some.

Placed my order today. I asked about the gussets to reinforce my older style front bumper and he will send them to me free of charge. Very nice and responsive to my emails. He did warn me that the holiday season gets busy so they may not get to me real quickly.

Now it is on to sliders: Rusty's, AJ's, or JCR. Tough choices.

SLight Hijack, I love my Rusty's slider. Stout as hell, and they mount up with a mounting system that wraps around under the rails and don't just bolt into the sides of them. I haven't seen anybody else's do it. Then again, I haven't really looked around that much.

Placed my order today. I asked about the gussets to reinforce my older style front bumper and he will send them to me free of charge. Very nice and responsive to my emails. He did warn me that the holiday season gets busy so they may not get to me real quickly.

Now it is on to sliders: Rusty's, AJ's, or JCR. Tough choices.

Check out Detours, you get sliders and stiffeners in one package. I have them.

I guess i need to call them and see if I can get those braces now!

I know this is an old old thread. I have ordered and received my winch bumper and I want to install it soon. I have a 94 xj. What am I going to have to do to get this mounted up? I assume I take off the front air damn off and I believe I will have to trim the fender flush with the headlights and trim the fender flares flush as well. Should I just use a cutoff wheel and paint it? Is there anything else that I will have to do to get this bolted up? I just want to make sure I allocate enough time to do this in one shot.

Back