• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lockers

also let me clarify for the ones on this forum who are morons, im not saying you MUST use full time if u have a 242. Hell if you have 4x4 it doesnt mean you have to use it at all, just like if you have a car you dont have to start it, but im sure you guys knew that... right?

Uhhh ....

#1, some XJs do have the selec trac t-case, thanks
#2, some guys live where it snows alot and want 4x4 on the road, thanks
#3, all of my points were valid. THANKS.
So,the rest have a 231 w/ no full time option,and wheel in the snow on the road(with lockers)!

epicfailrz1.jpg

Soo do they make the E-locker for the stock 3.55 gears in the D30? I'm looking to lock the front and every selectable I've seen is for 3.73 or higher(numerically). As for you guys running auto-lockers in the front are they noticeable in 2wd? I live in Minnesota and deal w/ice and snow quite a bit soo don't want the thing to understeer like crazy or anything like that. Thanks....

We are not talking about Grand Cherokee's!
And if we were,that would be all the more reason for a selectable up front.
Uhhh ....

#1, some XJs do have the selec trac t-case, thanks
#2, some guys live where it snows alot and want 4x4 on the road, thanks
#3, all of my points were valid. THANKS.

Ya, but many Grand Cherokees have full time 4wd, not the 242 transfercase. Full-time, as in they don't have 2 wheel drive. Therefore, point not valid.

I drove for over 6 hours (not counting trail time) behind Colin (Moparmaniac) in the snow, and not once did I see him have any problems with his 4wd, and autolocker.

it was a type my bad, i say auto for the selectable ones alot. anyway, the selectable e lockers are best left for the rear, the front locker really doesnt matter what you use, unless you have a 242 and plan on using fulltime 4x4 on snowy days and stuff

And why do you think selectable lockers are best left for the rear? And how is an autolocker in the front going to opperate any different in fulltime in a 242 over part time in a 231?

also let me clarify for the ones on this forum who are morons,

Hmm, I wouldn't say that. You still need a lot of things clarified for you bud.

i'll momentarily ignore all the crap that has been posted and reply to the OP: i've heard that e-lockers tend to work extremely well at first, then they tend to wear out and act more like limitted slips after heavy use, but, that's just what i've read and i know some that have them and have had great luck with them... they wouldn't be as popular as they are if they sucked. and, they are a bit more pricey than a lunchbox locker, but the upside is you get selectable.

now, to respond to the rest of the crap.

242s came in late model xjs, they had 2H, 4H-full time, 4H, N, 4L. other grands (not as familiar with them) had full time all wheel drive and were never in only 2WD

it's not the jeep, it's the driver in terms of having a locked front in the snow. i have a no-slip in the rear and a tru trac in the front. so, essentially locked fr and rear, as far as the street is concerned. i have a 231, so no full time option for me. i too have never had a problem in any form of the street. in fact, i prefer it to open-open. it's more consistent. i was wary about having a locked front in the snow on the street, but i eventually got over it and it's been great. so... instead of everyone clogging this thread with selectable vs automatic, if you're going to post, post something that gets back to the OP...

i'll momentarily ignore all the crap that has been posted and reply to the OP: i've heard that e-lockers tend to work extremely well at first, then they tend to wear out and act more like limitted slips after heavy use, but, that's just what i've read and i know some that have them and have had great luck with them... they wouldn't be as popular as they are if they sucked.

maybe you're thinking "ected"? i don't see how the e-locker could do anything but lock-or not lock, if it was slipping, then it isn't locked. i know a guy with a wrangler who has one in the front, he's very happy with it.

maybe you're thinking "ected"? i don't see how the e-locker could do anything but lock-or not lock, if it was slipping, then it isn't locked. i know a guy with a wrangler who has one in the front, he's very happy with it.

maybe... i guess it depends what type of electronics is doing the locking. i suppose an e-locker is an electronic equivalent of ox or arb, in which case they wouldn't slip... an ected is a magnetic coil system that when the current is turned on it basically sucks itself together with crazy magnetic forces... and i guess that's how it could slip.

good catch hellbent, my bad.

Back