• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cat back muffler

I have the Banks Monster. It was installed 3+ years ago and is holding up fine. I like it, but don't have any context to compare it against any other exhaust systems (my stock muffler had rust holes so it wasn't doing much). Sounds good at cold start. A little loud for me when cruising the highway but that's all personal preference. Only issue I had with the installation was the tailpipe exit piece would move/bang around and hit my rear bumper brackets when I hit a bump driving. Might not be an issue if you have the stock rear bumper. Ended up adding this exhaust hanger to keep the tailpipe piece from moving around and banging all the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AX65QO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I have the Banks Monster. It was installed 3+ years ago and is holding up fine. I like it, but don't have any context to compare it against any other exhaust systems (my stock muffler had rust holes so it wasn't doing much). Sounds good at cold start. A little loud for me when cruising the highway but that's all personal preference. Only issue I had with the installation was the tailpipe exit piece would move/bang around and hit my rear bumper brackets when I hit a bump driving. Might not be an issue if you have the stock rear bumper. Ended up adding this exhaust hanger to keep the tailpipe piece from moving around and banging all the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AX65QO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Is the one I posted the one you have? The exhaust looks like it dumps between the springs and gas tank. I have an aftermarket exhaust and spring relocation brackets.

Is the one I posted the one you have? The exhaust looks like it dumps between the springs and gas tank. I have an aftermarket exhaust and spring relocation brackets.

That shouldn't be a problem, I have a custom 2.5" exhaust with a gas tank skid and SFR relocation brackets and still run a factory rear hanger!

Looking for a stainless cat back exhaust. Was thinking about the Banks Monster Exhaust. 97 4.0. anybody have this or suggestions?

Its a straight thru perforated tube muffler which is going to be much louder than the stock chambered and baffled muffler. Just want to say that.

That should have said aftermarket bumper and rear shackle relocation brackets.

Still should be good to go, I also have a swing-out spare tire bumper.

I use the factory hanger as well but that is farther forward in the system. Just sitting there the exhaust clears everything. The rear most section of pipe has enough flex and movement in it that it would bang on my bumper bracket when I hit a bump. Not a big deal and didnt hurt anything, just drove me nuts. So I added that extra hanger to fully lock the exhaust in place. Again not a big deal, but kind of a pain for a part that cost $350. In hind site I wish I would have just cobbled something together. Would have been way cheaper.

I couldn't tell nothing about the sound you speak of on this video you may try another camera angle .

Now it sounds to much like a 4 cyl ricer, it would be interesting to hear it with another 100+HP though!

I have been considering a Hearthrob Velocity for my stroker.

Back