• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

list of doorless how-to links

ok, thanks for the low down. some other folks basically said it was the end of the world if i unbolted the door and they would never seal again.

I have taken the hinges off a couple of times for body work and it's slow and tedious getting the doors back on straight. I wouldn't want to do it more than once a year so if you are garaged and looking for 6-9 months off then it'd be livable. Fastest easiest technique is install of the screws but keep them loose and use one screw in each hinge tighten and loosen until you have the body lines correct and the weatherstripping has full contact, then tighten everything down after. The body hinges have holes in them that you can put a driver through to loosen and tighten, although the front fenders have to be off for this to work with the front doors

theoretically, couldnt you just keep the fender on, align the shim and tighten one bolt per hinge until you get the proper seal?

theoretically, couldnt you just keep the fender on, align the shim and tighten one bolt per hinge until you get the proper seal?

yep thats what i did to fine-tweek the seal. FYI guys, i dont remember what/if any of the writeups say this, but definately swap out those torx screws for hex bolts. makes life so much easier. i dont remember what size though, ill try to look it up

EDIT: hahha so it turns out i had even made a thread asking the bolt size back in the day and ofcourse ehall had the knowledge like usual :kissyou:

quoting ehall. thanks buddy
I'm almost positive they are M8x1.25x30 based on my McMaster-Carr order history

I like the stainless steel button-head hex the best since they have more room, they are easier to remove with Allen keys or wrenches as needed, and they look clean

Last edited:
Back