• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCOG Build worth it ?

Possibly, and rigs come and go, I find new ones every week in our junk yard. it doesn't change the fact that his jeep did just fine in the rocks as it sits.

There is such a thing as too low and too tall.

It's entirely dependent on the terrain In Which you wheel.

There is such a thing as too low and too tall.

It's entirely dependent on the terrain In Which you wheel.

Agreed. As I stated earlier, somewhere like Johnson valley or shedder canyon or maybe even dusy irsham I don't belong, that's left for the big rubber crew most other places I do just fine

Depends on what desert your wheeling in... Johnson valley, yes anything with tires smaller than 35's and you might as well go home... But calico, jawbone canyon, panamint valley can all be done on 31's, the rubicon can be done on 33's and low cog rig, I just think it's the Johnson valley area where low COG isn't allowed :)

Rubicon can be done on 31's. Trust me.

John

Last edited:
Depends on what desert your wheeling in... Johnson valley, yes anything with tires smaller than 35's and you might as well go home... But calico, jawbone canyon, panamint valley can all be done on 31's, the rubicon can be done on 33's and low cog rig, I just think it's the Johnson valley area where low COG isn't allowed :)

Have you ever been to JV? Do you even know what it is?

so I have 4" front lift with 4.5" on 35s runing hp44 with ford nine wheebase is now 105.5" x 75" limited up travel between 3"-4" but have not figured out my down travel do to shocks limiting it. skid plates for custom crossmember the rear pinon and front diff in fab stage. do i consider it LCOG not really. my fenders are cut up with a saws all and custom made.
I wonder kinda where the line or deffintion is for LCOG is or even what some consider optimal for setup wise. some people cant afford to spend lost of $$$ on there rig so why does that mean they arent able to use what they can to get a decent setup?
only pic i got on this website sense the axle swap dont think I didnt to bad. under $700 for the whole swap.
IMG_20131025_110522_zpsfc305532.jpg

Last edited:
Someone said I'd have to trim a bunch to run 35's ... This is 4" on 33's but for the difference in price I think I wanna get some 35" Goodyear MTR's
15D7B1DF-9612-482B-9770-BF745B2BBD4E-532-0000002D7CEC10C6.jpg

I ran 35s on 4.5 for a year. If you're wheeling to trim and consider less back spacing then yo could probably go Down to 2.5" and 35s. Especial if you go 44/9 and keep the 65 WMS. Just lots of cutting and welding really thin sheet metal.

the problem I have run into at 4"-4.5" on 35"s is that to maintain the necessary modicum of uptravel for the amount of speed I like to travel through rough sections in the desert, my tires are all up in the inner fenders.

I need to open them up ala ericsXJ... but aint nobody got time for that right now.

Back