• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCOG Build worth it ?

It's whether or not you want to spend all day hitting your frame and belly.

Getting your belly height around 21"-22" will go a long day to making your day better.

Also, some of the definitions of LCOG in this thread are a bit off.

Also, some of the definitions of LCOG in this thread are a bit off.

Agreed... Low is 2-3" and 35-37" tires, LCOG is properly bump stopped limited up travel and lots of droop

Me at 4" and 33's isn't necessarily LCOG but I have the lowest center of gravity out of any of the people I wheel with

Agreed... Low is 2-3" and 35-37" tires, LCOG is properly bump stopped limited up travel and lots of droop

Which is why I say lcog doesn't work in the desert. You need some modicum uptravel unless you want to spend all day just getting to the real trails.

Which is why I say lcog doesn't work in the desert. You need some modicum uptravel unless you want to spend all day just getting to the real trails.

I love my setup... I can take whoop sections with ease and still don't do bad in the rocks
4" and 33x10.50 km2's and I still don't consider it low COG.

51A160D4-BBE0-4B51-92E6-B1FC08A236AB-1969-000001138C2E1005_zps79f724ad.jpg

I dont know, I think LCOG is popular because its cheap to cut sheet metal. I think LCOG has its merits if done right, long armed skids, tucked tank and lots of $$. I also think if you have a taller rig built right you will not feel as tippy with the right springs, anti-rock and the right line. It's all up to driver preference and how they wheel and what they do.

Go to cherokeeforum and read some of the horse shit that pours out of some of those kids mouths with the reasoning for LCOG rigs. Many of them run 3.55s, 35s on a budget boost with no aftermarket leaf springs or beefed up components. I would HATE to wheel with people like that when they fold their stock uppers, drop their rear driveline or hit their aluminum tcase on a rock.. one thing to say that sums up a lot of that: "Angry Eyes Mod" lol

So be ready to spend the $$ either way and just go for what makes you happy.

How many HACK job XJs I have seen online lately is alarming! Its like a cancer spreading all over the forums.

There are some beastly true "lcog" builds for real wheelers on here that are pretty epic and I don't think they are running 3.55s and 35s on stock components! ha

/End Rant

Mine is a hack.

But its my hack. It also is getting built up before I were to put on 35s and such.

Their are 2 kinds of people who do builds

The guy who builds up first.
IE does steering lockers and Thinks first.
I had a dana 35 I am setting up my 8.25 to go in the weekend.
I have stock steering but have V8 steering in the works.
I am building double flex joint lowers.
I am working on building some stuff like a T case skid and Tranny skid.
I have extended brake lines and 10 inch travel shocks (Im at around 3 inch of lift)
I will do a trim not a fender hack.
Aussie will be in by NACFEST!!!! :lecture:
Did my Trackbar.
The guy that blows up on the trail because he didn't.
3 inch budjet boost.
Shackles. Blocks.
Stock shocks
Stock steering
Fender hacks.

Just a noobs thoughts.

Last edited:
The guy that blows up on the trail because he didn't.
budjet boost.

Stock shocks
Stock steering
Fender hacks.

Just a noobs thoughts.
my blue jeep was this for 5 months on 33's never stopped me from wheelin with the rest of the NAC, time to sit back and learn before you open your mouth everywhere

How many HACK job XJs I have seen online lately is alarming! Its like a cancer spreading all over the forums.

I blame the sudden popularity among the younger folks. They all have no money and think they are the shit, so they cut every corner they can in an attempt to hang with the guys who have been doing this for years. Damn kids have been driving up the price of these things in my area it seems too. :shakes fist:

I can safely say there are just as many lifted xjs on the road today as stock ones, and about half of some form of hack going on.

I blame the sudden popularity among the younger folks. They all have no money and think they are the shit, so they cut every corner they can in an attempt to hang with the guys who have been doing this for years. Damn kids have been driving up the price of these things in my area it seems too. :shakes fist:

I can safely say there are just as many lifted xjs on the road today as stock ones, and about half of some form of hack going on.

I totally agree with this. But Mtb jak, what is so wrong with 3.55's and 35's? Is it wrong because the interwebz told you to think this? Or have you ever run it? Yeah, it's not ideal, but it isn't bad. Especially if you have a healthy 4.0. I run them for now, though I will be regearing this summer. My only complaint is that it doesn't really "crawl" in 4 low and it doesn't like overdrive going up the mountain on interstate. Sorry, I hate the whole "ZOMG, YOU RUN X.XX GEARS ON DEM BIG O' TIRES?!?!?" theory. Just run what what ratio works.

I am running it right now. Till Monday the 4.88s and chromos go in and its only been like this for 2 weeks cause of the deal I got on these tires. It ****ing sucks around town on every hill and sucks on the highway at the slightest incline. So yes I know what I'm talking about. My 4.0 is as healthy as they come and I have the bored throttle body and exhaust so it was bearable on my 33x10.5 which were more like 32 actual inches.

You literally just admitted that it doesn't "crawl" in 4lo and sucks on the highway? Like right in your point you were trying to argue! Haha Seattle PNW is full of hills so yes I read 3.55s and 35s suck on NAXJA and it does.

No, not trying to argue. Like I said, it's not terrible, but it's not ideal. Wasn't trying to target you, just it seems most that have never run this setup would shoot it down with no experience. I was unaware that you had run it.

I blame the sudden popularity among the younger folks. Damn kids have been driving up the price of these things in my area it seems too. :shakes fist:

This. There are almost no good XJ's for sale these days. It sucks.

And I agree that lifted jeeps are now a fad. Many built poorly. I noticed a ZJ today that was 2wd, couple inches of lift, and te rear axle was a good 3" pulled to the drivers side. I was driving behin and instantly noticed it.

I'm all for building a jeep that works for its intended use. But please do it right. Jeebus

Still in the process of my LCOG build. I got it where I wanted but decided to swap for stiffer springs on my coilovers and it ended lifting the xj an additional 4" so I am going to swap them back this weekend to lower it.

New stiff springs
a9e5ahe9.jpg

2u7uvuqu.jpg

9ysysu9e.jpg

When I considered LCOG with old springs. Switching back this weekend
a2upydy8.jpg

udapupy3.jpg

Back