• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCOG Build worth it ?

Looks nice but your not very LCOG bud... KTMracer419 has a LCOG rig... Those are 37's ;)

8CF2AC6C-40F0-4780-AEEC-0298E30ECB7E-6347-00000308975F2BC7_zps9292d9b1.jpg

Funny all these 3" 33s and I get called out for not really being LCOG

Funny all these 3" 33s and I get called out for not really being LCOG
lol

i like having SOME uptravel. i think i run about 50% droop on 12" coilovers in the front and 16" coilovers in the rear with about 5-6" of lift and 37's. works decent in the go-fast and on the rocks (for what it is). i tried going lower but the lack of uptravel sucked and i got hung up on a lot of stuff. i had to beat the piss out of it to drag over rocks where before i could take it easy. It seems to be no less stable with 5-6" of lift over 3-4". i would almost argue that the lack of stability is more of a geometry issue for most folks rather than a height issue.

my blue jeep was this for 5 months on 33's never stopped me from wheelin with the rest of the NAC, time to sit back and learn before you open your mouth everywhere
my jeep fell over due to fender hacking.

Looks nice but your not very LCOG bud... KTMracer419 has a LCOG rig... Those are 37's ;)

8CF2AC6C-40F0-4780-AEEC-0298E30ECB7E-6347-00000308975F2BC7_zps9292d9b1.jpg
that rig was scrapped 4 years ago, your running 4" with skinny 33's you have no rooom to talk

I have a relatively low lift for 35's, around a 4" lift or so, my rear leafs are a mix and match. Only thing I noticed about my leafs being kind of stiff is that on off camber side hills sometimes the rear tire will lift up since there is limited up travel. I have 4 pucks in the front coils.
DSCN2135.jpg

I'd have to say..over on cf a bunch of bullshit has come up lately with shit like a 3 inch rc aal and 33s, 35s and stock steering.
My XJ still has the ****ïng 3 inch spacers (yes 3 inches) and blocks in the rear (dude was a god damn idiot). I refuse to wheel it like this cause its on stock shocks still and I'm afraid ill have axle wrap like a boss.

That being said I did slap 35s on it.
Custom 3 link is going to be finished being built this week and will be installed Saturday, along with 3.5 re Leafs and coils.
Gonna run on stock axles until they break..then upgrade. If they hold till late summer then ill go for 4.88s. My jeep only gets driven like 15 miles a week...stock gears do suck but I leave it in 3rd and Putt along.

From a wheeling view my last 2 rigs have been far from low cog (4.5 and 31s then 4.5 and 33s). I think ill enjoy the 4ish and 35s compared to what I've had previously.

Go to cherokeeforum and read some of the horse shit that pours out of some of those kids mouths with the reasoning for LCOG rigs. Many of them run 3.55s, 35s on a budget boost with no aftermarket leaf springs or beefed up components. I would HATE to wheel with people like that when they fold their stock uppers, drop their rear driveline or hit their aluminum tcase on a rock.. one thing to say that sums up a lot of that: "Angry Eyes Mod" lol

lol!

Amen.

lol

i like having SOME uptravel. i think i run about 50% droop on 12" coilovers in the front and 16" coilovers in the rear with about 5-6" of lift and 37's. works decent in the go-fast and on the rocks (for what it is). i tried going lower but the lack of uptravel sucked and i got hung up on a lot of stuff. i had to beat the piss out of it to drag over rocks where before i could take it easy. It seems to be no less stable with 5-6" of lift over 3-4". i would almost argue that the lack of stability is more of a geometry issue for most folks rather than a height issue.

How dare you bring some logic into this!

You guys sound like a bunch of d-bags. What do 3.55's and angry eyes have to do with a LCOG setup? Just curious, from a new guy's perspective, who now believes that anything he might ask will be met with arrogance and irrelevance.

You guys sound like a bunch of d-bags. What do 3.55's and angry eyes have to do with a LCOG setup? Just curious, from a new guy's perspective, who now believes that anything he might ask will be met with arrogance and irrelevance.
i think you missed their point.

Not much, other than a lot of people who don't know what they are doing and can't afford to do a build right try to pass themselves off as lcog and awesome because they can only afford a 2" budget boost and some 33" tires, so they hack up thier fenders, run no uptravel.

Same thing with people who run stock gears on bigger tires.

The angry eyes are just dumb.

Nah, we just think those mods are stupid and threads derail all the time on here. Hang in there new guy we aren't raging douchebags.......well except for that GSequoia guy......:D

that rig was scrapped 4 years ago, your running 4" with skinny 33's you have no rooom to talk

Never said My jeep was LCOG :gee:, Its just flat out small and does what I need it to...

Did you drink anything from a can last night? Bc that's all that's left of that jeep now.

Possibly, and rigs come and go, I find new ones every week in our junk yard. it doesn't change the fact that his jeep did just fine in the rocks as it sits.

Back