• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just seeing if theres enough intrest....TSF on 7-12

Smittty9785 said:
i dont have a cell remember. but for the 9" i just bought spring perches on e-bay last night. so really all i need are gears, hub adapter and the brake stuff.. other than that it will be rolling on a 9". If you got a sander i can borrow that as well so i can sand down both the axles. Just finished cutting off the wedges off the hp44. so now all i need to do to that is to get a 4prong axle socket and take the drums off along with the spindle so i can swap it out with the disc spindle. um i need to get a track bar mount and coil buckets for the 44 and then I need to go to pick-n-pull to get the caliper brackets and then thats all set to go. oh wait gears for the 44 too. id say $500. just found out i get a really good deal on all parts as well through my work, but your deal seems better. maybe when im ready ill have to talk to you about all the 44 brake stuff and see if yours is cheaper.
Ok yeah for sure just let me know, i found a 4.88 for my 30. so im good to go there. I forgot about your phone situation. Im pretty much ready to go when you are, I'll pick up the brake parts this weekend, just to get that out of the way. right now my rig is Not trail-able, It looks like its gonna be a little while to get everything squared away on those two axles, i might go ahead and swap my spare d35 for now just so i can do my weekly wheelin trip. :wave:

nw-xj-scott said:
Ok yeah for sure just let me know, i found a 4.88 for my 30. so im good to go there. I forgot about your phone situation. Im pretty much ready to go when you are, I'll pick up the brake parts this weekend, just to get that out of the way. right now my rig is Not trail-able, It looks like its gonna be a little while to get everything squared away on those two axles, i might go ahead and swap my spare d35 for now just so i can do my weekly wheelin trip. :wave:
let me know what you want to do. I think ill need to buy some huge jack stands to lift under the unibody. i dont know of any jack stands that go that high. but honestly we can tear that 8.8 out sometime this week and do the swap so you dont need to swap another crap 35 under it. ill just have mine sit on something for the mean time. i really only need the hub adapters and spring perches to put it under the xj so it can at least not be on jack stands. Like i said, i ordered the perches a couple nights ago so they should be here anyday. once i get them ill weld them on the 9" so then ill just have to talk to my work about getting the adapters. i cant wait to do this. I think im gonna make some tube fenders going from my rails to bumper. talk to you soon man. -matt

Smittty9785 said:
let me know what you want to do. I think ill need to buy some huge jack stands to lift under the unibody. i dont know of any jack stands that go that high. but honestly we can tear that 8.8 out sometime this week and do the swap so you dont need to swap another crap 35 under it. ill just have mine sit on something for the mean time. i really only need the hub adapters and spring perches to put it under the xj so it can at least not be on jack stands. Like i said, i ordered the perches a couple nights ago so they should be here anyday. once i get them ill weld them on the 9" so then ill just have to talk to my work about getting the adapters. i cant wait to do this. I think im gonna make some tube fenders going from my rails to bumper. talk to you soon man. -matt
haha we'r gettin pretty good at this thread-jackin business..haha:laugh3:
I get paid friday. i got sunday and monday off. i'll truck'on over one of those days if that works for you? i dont wanna leave you without a runnin rig tho? :roll:

i just realized from another thread i posted. im gonna have to buy 2 new wheels, i dont think i can get hub adapters for the ford axle to fit my xj wheels. F**K. i dont really like driving it broken though. so if its apart ill have more incentive to get the damn thing finally wheelin

Its not too hard to find ford rims. I have to look around in my garage, but i may have two stock ford 15x7's that you can have.

PS if i have any wheels missing off any of my trucks, i know who to shoot.

remember i have 17" tires, i dont feel like buting a set of 37" tires for 15" rims. im just going to sell this set of 17's and but a set of 17's for the ford axles.

odd? hard to find some 37 in 15's now adays

yea, ill make you a good deal, i know you just bought the x-terrains, but ill sell you these 17's for cheap. lol

Smittty9785 said:
i just realized from another thread i posted. im gonna have to buy 2 new wheels, i dont think i can get hub adapters for the ford axle to fit my xj wheels. F**K. i dont really like driving it broken though. so if its apart ill have more incentive to get the damn thing finally wheelin
well if your ok with tearin it out to motivate ya, works for me! haha. Btw. would this help you at all?

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/729085878.html

no the 5 on 4.375 is for the s10's and s15 blazers and such. im going to have to buy some new rims for the damn thing. you know anyone who wants a set of 17"'s soft 8's 5 on 4.5?

Smittty9785 said:
no the 5 on 4.375 is for the s10's and s15 blazers and such. im going to have to buy some new rims for the damn thing. you know anyone who wants a set of 17"'s soft 8's 5 on 4.5?
if i could find a 33" 12.5 17 USED then maybe..haha

what kind of tires?. i might be able to get you a pretty damn good deal on new ones.

somethin decent. a really good A/t or a decent M/t. while your at work get your cheapest prices. on anything.

will do man. ill try and get them prices to you tomorrow. i work only a little tomorrow for how ever long i want. I just have to go back in and change over a couple trans pans and oil pans. once i do that ill get some prices to you. what size? 33x12.50x17? 305/70/17? 285/70/17?

what does that have to do with anything?

Back