• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Blessing May 4, 2013. MICHIGAN

Or show up just before the blessing. I drove right in last year and I was like 500 something.

this...

if you want to be first on the course, why would you show up and plant yourself in the middle of the parking lot? your best bet is to be in your car, ready to go, instead of sitting around and watching all the shenanigans.

i usually try to run it multiple times.

this...

if you want to be first on the course, why would you show up and plant yourself in the middle of the parking lot? your best bet is to be in your car, ready to go, instead of sitting around and watching all the shenanigans.

i usually try to run it multiple times.

Hard ti run it multiple times when your in mt. P.

I know there was talk about going to northern exposure camp ground or staying at forewheelers house but haven't heard anything other than that

Well, the wife has a baby shower to attend that weekend, that wasn't on the calendar. After a small battle, I'm coming still.

I'm going to come up on Friday during the day sometime. Either go to Dan's if that's where we are staying or the campground, if we go that route. Go to the blessing from either the campground or Dan's house. Go back to campground or Dan's house that night depending on where we stay. I'm working on selling the RZR and buying another Jeep. If its something I can drive up there I will be more inclined to stay at Dan's, but if its more of a vehicle to trailer, I'm more inclined to camp with the trailer.

Either way, I could camp and bring the trailer. But if Dan's works out, then I can make that work as well.

It kind of depends on the Jeep situation. My buddy Chuck may drive up on Friday evening to wherever we are at.

How long would we be at the blessing? All day?

mac 'not sure if the blessing's agenda?' gyvr

As of right now me and the girlfriend are planning on leaving friday morning and heading up to michigan. Think we are gonna hit a couple wineries on our way up. Plan to just camp out wherever everyone else decides to stay. All we are doing is sleeping in the back of the jeep for the night.

Macgyvr let me know if you want to do a caravan or something on that friday.

As of right now me and the girlfriend are planning on leaving friday morning and heading up to michigan. Think we are gonna hit a couple wineries on our way up. Plan to just camp out wherever everyone else decides to stay. All we are doing is sleeping in the back of the jeep for the night.

Macgyvr let me know if you want to do a caravan or something on that friday.

bring a tent... the weather is usually "fair" this time of year. assuming its not wet out, you should be able to get a little more leg room out of a tent. unless you guys are midgets or something.

better to have it and not need it...

Link to blessing info is in post 4.
Id prefer not to drive up there and back on the same day, my jeep is uncomfortable and all the noise inside gives me a headache after a while.
I think I spent 3 hours at the blessing last year. Its fun to look at all the jeeps and stuff there, but its definitely not an all day event imo.
I think of it more as a way to kick off the camping season for the year, with the bigass gathering of jeeps as a bonus.

No don't think we are midgets. Both of us slept in the back of the jeep down at winterfest and did just fine. We might throw our small tent in there just in case.

Link to blessing info is in post 4.
Id prefer not to drive up there and back on the same day, my jeep is uncomfortable and all the noise inside gives me a headache after a while.
I think I spent 3 hours at the blessing last year. Its fun to look at all the jeeps and stuff there, but its definitely not an all day event imo.
I think of it more as a way to kick off the camping season for the year, with the bigass gathering of jeeps as a bonus.

I'm all for making it more camping oriented. I love to camp. I'll tow the trailer up there empty if that's where we end up.

I know that there's a link to the blessing, but I haven't seen anyone til now say that they only spent 3 hours there and not the entire day.

Does that campground I linked to sound good? I might just try to reserve a site that I can get into and maybe a smaller one next door.

mac 'maybe pick dan up on the way' gyvr

Yea I didn't know it wasn't an all day event. That campground sounds fine to me. Let me know if you decide to get a spot and we will split a site since we need a spot for Friday night.

My jeep blessing last year consisted of:
Wake up with terrible hangover
Take doors off jeep
Little meeting in TT parking area
Convoy to blessing (COLD with no doors)
Sit in line
Park
Walk around
Find a dirt hill to lay down on with pounding headache, people staring at me
Walk around some more
Take pics
Stand by stage and listen to random religious ramblings
Go lay in back of jeep, cover head, and swear at the sun
Leave, buy ibuprofen and lots of water
Go to TT and sleep for the rest of the day.

Dan and Mac are the final say, but my ideal plan would be:
Go up Friday somewhat early, set up camp, have fire, etc.
Wake up saturday somewhat early hopefully not so hungover.
Go to blessing for a while.
Come back and tear down camp
Drive to Dans for a true MWC campfire (I havent experienced one yet)
Go home Sunday

That campground sounds good. Ill have 1-3 people with me. Im sleeping in the jeep unless it rains (Jeep leaks) and there will be One bigass tent.

it goes on until 5... for the full experience but not getting bored, showing up between 9-10 is usually a good bet. lets you look around but still have enough tim to run the course as much as you want. come 5... after watching all the amazing buggies pussy foot through chadville, the open/open kooks in the mud pit, and waiting in line to run the other courses... youll be bored and want to crack open a cold one.

camping oriented trip is the way to go.

I would prefer not to have to move the trailer more than once...

mac 'or back into his driveway :) 'gyvr

How far is it from dan's house to mesick? Why not just stay in a tent macgyvr? Be easier than towing a trailer everywhere. Just drive the 5.9 up and wheel that.

Back