• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Blessing May 4, 2013. MICHIGAN

I have seen my wife for less than 10 minutes since I posted about this, so I haven't brought it up yet.

I did talk to Dan and we came up with a few plans...

mac 'in another month I might have something else to wheel' gyvr

Has anybody thought about where they are staying at yet? Im not that familiar with michigan but isn't there a lot of state land around messick that you can just stop and set up camp on for free? I know we used to go up there mushroom hunting every year and that is what we did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody thought about where they are staying at yet? Im not that familiar with michigan but isn't there a lot of state land around messick that you can just stop and set up camp on for free? I know we used to go up there mushroom hunting every year and that is what we did.

Yes the manistee national forest is all over up there. A quick Google search will give you some maps.

Where do I park the 48 foot trailer?

mac 'bringing the sink' gyvr

Pretty sure most stay at Twisted.
Walking around there at night extremely drunk and almost getting lost was about the most fun of the whole trip...

Guess i never knew twisted trails had camping available at it. Bet that would be a good time out there

If I'm camping...I need electricity!

Unless the on board genset is in and working by then...if we can go...if...if...if...

mac 'you know...wife and almost 6 month old' gyvr

Re: Re: Jeep Blessing May 4, 2013. MICHIGAN

mac 'can't make anything easy' gyvr
:)

...Dan hasn't said anything I can make fun of yet, so I'm picking on you instead. Lol

Last edited:
Re: Re: Jeep Blessing May 4, 2013. MICHIGAN

Guess i never knew twisted trails had camping available at it. Bet that would be a good time out there

I think its just something they do for the blessing.. :dunno:
Its just a small area to one side of the park that people set up sites.

Click "camping" on their site and you get this: http://www.twistedtrailsoffroadpark.com/camping.php

What if all the NAXJA peps stayed here?

"FWIW, we stayed at Northern Exposures Campground outside of Mesik, about 1/2 way between Twisted and the blessing. Nice campground and was quiet there, water and electric hook up was like 30/night"

If we can get one or two sites and split it and I can get the trailer in maybe we could do it cheap.

I haven't looked the place up tho.

mac 'quote from that other site' gyvr

Back