• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jcr offroad, any good?

The bumper MaxxXJ is talking about is a decent bumper. A little different than most.

IMG_0029.jpg

yeah... that one, i was going to post something a little different but that works too, it is pretty tough and the unibody tie in brackets are built into the bumper so theres not a seperate piece to add to the puzzle.

What's the name of this company again?
Where are they located?
:D

Can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread.......

I've got JCR product all over my XJ. It's all good stuff. I have zero complaints about anything. I've beat the crap out of my rails and they've held up great. I highly recommend the Stage 2 rails. That outer tube is well worth the extra bones. I've got door handles to prove it! Both front and rear bumpers have had some pretty hard recoverys and they too have held up great. Top notch folks making top notch product at reasonable prices. That's something that you don't see very much any more.

Something that alot of folks don't realize is that JCR is basically a 3 man operation. There are only 3 employees. The co-owners and then the shop beeotch. :D (Every shop needs a beeotch right?:D)It's not some factory in china with 12 year old Ming Wang Lee cranking out stamped bumpers. These guys take pride in what they do and want to have satisfied customers......and most of the time they'll go above and beyond to get that. They've proved that time and time again.

They'll take care of you.
Peace of mind is good.

JCR is da bomb, I've got their stage 2 rear bumper and tomorrow I am ordering their steering box spacer/brace. I got a deal on a used nates4x4 slimline winch bumper and I snapped all 3 bolts on the steering box! :tears: I made a ghetto-rig spacer so I can drive until the new beef arrives!!!

What's the name of this company again?
Where are they located?
:D

Can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread.......

I've got JCR product all over my XJ. It's all good stuff. I have zero complaints about anything. I've beat the crap out of my rails and they've held up great. I highly recommend the Stage 2 rails. That outer tube is well worth the extra bones. I've got door handles to prove it! Both front and rear bumpers have had some pretty hard recoverys and they too have held up great. Top notch folks making top notch product at reasonable prices. That's something that you don't see very much any more.

Something that alot of folks don't realize is that JCR is basically a 3 man operation. There are only 3 employees. The co-owners and then the shop beeotch. :D (Every shop needs a beeotch right?:D)It's not some factory in china with 12 year old Ming Wang Lee cranking out stamped bumpers. These guys take pride in what they do and want to have satisfied customers......and most of the time they'll go above and beyond to get that. They've proved that time and time again.

They'll take care of you.
Peace of mind is good.
Pretty much sums it up...shop beeotch ,LOL.

question... if i purchase the TNT frame stiffener's and install those before i put on your slider's will there be any issues with that?
Probably not, they could just subtract the length of the support legs by a little.

question... if i purchase the TNT frame stiffener's and install those before i put on your slider's will there be any issues with that?

I had this issue with my AJs rails. the TnT stiffiners are 3/16" thick. and the mounting braces on the AJ rails are 3/16". what BrianHO and I did were cut off the mounting brace from the rock rail so that the pinch seam still lines up and you can weld the rock rail straight to the stiffiners.

do i really need the tnt frame stiffener's with the jcr sliders? my frame seems kinda brittle. its an easy coast jeep. i've busted most bolts that have tried to be removed from it

I had this issue with my AJs rails. the TnT stiffiners are 3/16" thick. and the mounting braces on the AJ rails are 3/16". what BrianHO and I did were cut off the mounting brace from the rock rail so that the pinch seam still lines up and you can weld the rock rail straight to the stiffiners.

or do that! ;)

You will have a gap between the pinch seam and the mount on the slider. If you call in and ask nicely, we'll move the mount to accommodate you frame stiffeners.

You will have a gap between the pinch seam and the mount on the slider. If you call in and ask nicely, we'll move the mount to accommodate you frame stiffeners.

sounds kind of complex... im used to calling in and yelling at the person on the other line that speaks very little english ;) nicely... i'll have to try that and see how it works:laugh3:

sounds kind of complex... im used to calling in and yelling at the person on the other line that speaks very little english ;) nicely... i'll have to try that and see how it works:laugh3:

You've been dealing with the wrong people......or COMCAST! :D

Back