• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jcr offroad, any good?

yea, I dont think stage 3 sliders were out when i got mine.

This pic i didn't have on the gas can..Yep the same one on there site...The wifes
nogascan.jpg

this is mine..LOL, no jack on this one...
nojack.jpg

This is the best one of the front, sorry
flyinghigh.jpg

I wished i would have gotten his rails for mine, the wife did..I like hers better..MORE steel

How do you like the gas can carrier?

Well if you have the tools to make them and the time you can make them cheaper, I put about $70 into my front bumper and $140 into my rear tire carrier bumper but I already had the tools to do it. But if you do buy I have only heard good things about JCR.

How long ago? I doubt you could get the steel for that price now.

JCR Offroad makes great bumpers. I have a stage 4 front bumper and love it. No problems at all. I am thinking about buying a rear also. I recommend to all .

good luck

X3 or X4, JCR makes a great product. I have their prerunner winch bumper and sliders and have used both. Stood the jeep up on end on the corner of the bumper to no damage and dropped off a shelf onto the slider hard enough to put a golf ball sized dent into the .120 tube outer slider and everything has held up great.

True, steel has gone up, I made the front in the summer of 07 and the rear in the winter of 08 but you still can do it cheaper then buying.

I have two friends who work for different steel fabrication shops locally, and both offered to build me bumpers for the cost of material only. I sent links to JCR Offroad's website to both of them, and BOTH stated that they couldn't build them for what JCR was charging.

Soooo, I now have JCR Offroad bumpers front and rear, and don't regret it for a minute. :sunshine:

Ok so i guess bolt comes out other side and has a washer? seems like it could waller out..

We use Self Threaders into the main uniframe. The pitch seam uses 5/16" bolts that clap to the factory pinch seam. The sliders strength all comes from the pitch seam. The legs to the frame are just additional mounts that keep the sliders from rotating at the pinch seam. We have not had any problems with this mounting setup, which we have used for nearly 6 years! The self threaders are 3/8" and mounting into sections on the uniframe where it is double thick (frame overlap). We have never had a warranty claim on any of our sliders and the only complaints about the self threaders were because of in-proper installation.

We have been around for 7 year in March. You can search tons of info about us on just about every forum online. Do a search for jcr* and you will see tons and tons of personal experiences about us.

I have two friends who work for different steel fabrication shops locally, and both offered to build me bumpers for the cost of material only. I sent links to JCR Offroad's website to both of them, and BOTH stated that they couldn't build them for what JCR was charging.

Soooo, I now have JCR Offroad bumpers front and rear, and don't regret it for a minute. :sunshine:

They must have some expensive materials, because I spent $70, ($45steel+$25bolts) on my front and it looks just like a stage two that cost $265+$44tie ins+$45shipping= $354. That’s a $284 dollar difference and steel has not gone up that much.
And I’m not saying anything bad about JCR, their products are great, I just don't believe when people say it’s cheaper to buy then to build it.

I plan on picking up a stage 2 rear bumper and possibly a stage 3 front. I'm kinda torn between the stage 3 front or a pre-runner style bumper.

Which brings me to a question, is JCR planning on a pre-runner style tubular front bumper in the future?

just a note about the mounts for the sliders, the pinch seam bolts in particular. I wheeled my rig many times before without the sliders, as such my pinch seam was very bent up, it was a huge PITA to get those bolt to "work". I believe I only have like 3 on each side that may be doing something, but I'm not concerned. Just something to me aware of if you decide to buy them

JCRoffroad is a Scam!

They sell these nice looking products that look like they are smooth and durable like plastic in the pictures, But then when you get the product, It turns out its all made out of Thick heavy steel. Who the hell wants that kind of crap on an XJ?

Back