• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Its like Christmas, but better :)

good dicision to not do your own gears... gotta know your limits... BUT you can find a better price, post up on your local chapters sub forum.
the 2 things i saw looking thru your parts pile are
1- discs for that 44... forget what sucks and what doesnt suck.... i respect cals opinion, but discs will get you more tail, AND you sleep better at night, PERIOD.
also, the crown victoria disc swap seemed to work pretty easily for my d44s i built. and are much more abundant in the junkyards.
2-ditch the sylvanias.... theyre junk, go with an h4 housing/bulbs and a wire harness upgrade... you WILL NOT find a negative comment about the TRUELY upgraded h4 headlights... reading the box of those silverstars made me want to vomit, can you say, false advertising?

lemme know if you need more info on anything i mentioned, i got the links, but you can find them searching as well (your 17, you better know how to use a computer!)

Last edited:
xcm said:
good dicision to not do your own gears... gotta know your limits... BUT you can find a better price, post up on your local chapters sub forum.
the 2 things i saw looking thru your parts pile are
1- discs for that 44... forget what sucks and what doesnt suck.... i respect cals opinion, but discs will get you more tail, AND you sleep better at night, PERIOD.
also, the crown victoria disc swap seemed to work pretty easily for my d44s i built. and are much more abundant in the junkyards.
2-ditch the sylvanias.... theyre junk, go with an h4 housing/bulbs and a wire harness upgrade... you WILL NOT find a negative comment about the TRUELY upgraded h4 headlights... reading the box of those silverstars made me want to vomit, can you say, false advertising?

lemme know if you need more info on anything i mentioned, i got the links, but you can find them searching as well (your 17, you better know how to use a computer!)
1) I already got all the brake stuff and assembled it all and dont feel like trying to rebag it. The drums will be fine for now. When I go chromoly and full lockers I might do it then.

2) Thanks for the input on the lights, already installed. Cant return. They work good for me.

Back