• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ISO: Control Arm Drop Brackets.

Yeah. They are on my truck. I use them every day. Thank you for asking.

My advice is to try and get Rubicon Express drop brackets and reinforcement brackets. My Rough Country brackets are good but the reinforcement brackets leave a lot to be desired. My Father-In-Law made our own reinforcement brackets and now I feel really good about the setup.

Rocky Road Outfitters also makes a setup that is very similar to the RE.

About half an hour after I made this post I found a set of brand new in the box RC brackets for $120. So... I have those on the way. What needs to be addressed with the re-enforcement brackets?

They offer no rear support. They use self tappers into the unibody rail and mine vibrate loose at Harlan. The RRO and RE tie into the transmission crossmember mount.

You could probably do that. We elected to make completely new brackets.

You can do that too. I actually welded one before Harlan. The downside is you have to cut them off down the road.

Welding them to just the unibody wouldn't be as strong - too much flex in the thin sheetmetal. I have stiffeners and that makes them pretty solid.

Back