• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is this trackbar going to be OK? *pic*

The more I look at it the more I think it looks bent because of the angle of the camera. I still do not think it will be correct TB for you rig, but maybe a strait on pic could shed more light. Is your axel centered?

buy a rustys trackbar

lancey3 said:
buy a rustys trackbar

Don't make me go take pictures of my snapped rusty's track bars.

I suggest the RE1600, the RE HD TB would probably be way overkill for your setup.

Wounded XJ said:
The more I look at it the more I think it looks bent because of the angle of the camera. I still do not think it will be correct TB for you rig, but maybe a strait on pic could shed more light. Is your axel centered?
yep

I don't see how it can be too much for my setup when it's supposed to be up to 6.5" and I'm at 5.

Here's what BDS said when I asked

The track bar is patterned off of the factory bar which bends forward to clear the front differential under full suspension compression.

Last edited:
philip_g said:
I don't see how it can be too much for my setup when it's supposed to be up to 6.5" and I'm at 5.

Well, you obviously can tell thet something doesnt look right, thats why you started this thread, right!

It does look too long & if you are under the recommended 6.5+ inches required for the track bar then it is too long....... not rocket science. Basically you bought the wrong bar.
Sorry.

You said that you had already broken the stock style joint on the frame side already. That is why you arn't using a jam nut. Obviously something is not right. Do something about it.

Denial wont fix it for you.

philip_g said:
LoL

well uh, erm... when the tie rod end broke it buggered the threads on the jam nut so I left it out. I figured, the rod end can't twist so didn't see the point of the jam nut. Did I see wrong? lol.

The scariest part, since the tie rod end is tapered it won't fit through the mount far enough to cotter pin the nut in place. THAT makes me nervous. it's torqued to probably 60 ft lbs.
You need the jam nut to prevent galling of the threads which heats up the tre and will cause it to break.

Stop fawking around with cheap 'soultions' to expensive problems...

you drive a jeep with a 5" lift and bigger tires...

you need to start buying quality components - no matter the $50 more that they cost...

Call Rubicon Express or TNT customs, have them walk out into their warehouses, pull some parts off their shelf, ship them to you... Install their good quality (albiet more expensive) parts, drive safely to work, and have a good quality, functioning rig, and if you have an issue, call them directly...

There is no magical way that a company can make parts of the same quality for cheaper than another company... there is a difference...

PAY FOR IT!

XJ_ranger said:
Stop fawking around with cheap 'soultions' to expensive problems...

you drive a jeep with a 5" lift and bigger tires...

you need to start buying quality components - no matter the $50 more that they cost...

Call Rubicon Express or TNT customs, have them walk out into their warehouses, pull some parts off their shelf, ship them to you... Install their good quality (albiet more expensive) parts, drive safely to work, and have a good quality, functioning rig, and if you have an issue, call them directly...

There is no magical way that a company can make parts of the same quality for cheaper than another company... there is a difference...

PAY FOR IT!

well said

Your track bar is weird. I also think you need to fix that muffler before you hit a rock and rip it off. Take some measurements from both sides of the XJ. If the front tire sticks out to far on one side then the track bar is either to long or needs to be adjusted. From the looks of it I bet you the passenger side tire is sticking out further then the driver side.

Last edited:
chris420 said:
Your track bar is weird. I also think you need to fix that muffler before you hit a rock and rip it off. Take some measurements from both sides of the XJ. If the front tire sticks out to far on one side then the track bar is either to long or needs to be adjusted. From the looks of it I bet you the passenger side tire is sticking out further then the driver side.

it's not, as mentioned 2 pages ago.

I couldn't care less about the muffler, PO clamped it on and if a rock takes it off a rock takes it off.

Ok ! so what are you going to do?

chris420 said:
Ok ! so what are you going to do?

im at the edge of my seat too! What are you going to do man!?!

i had an issue with a RE trackbar, called them up and talked about it, had a new one in the mail that day. when you pay the extra buck sometimes the service is better to.

That trackbar scared me :(

I used to run the RE1600. At 5", it doesnt leave you much room for droop.

I'd suggest the RE1660 HD trackbar setup. Its worth every cent.

Hopefully he didn't ignore our advice and he got himself into an accident.

Anyone hear from him lately?

Back