• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IronMan 4x4

I believe that's exactly what Jeeperjohn is saying. Since caster and pinion angle are affecting each other directly, you'd have to find an angle that is a compromise. I.e. caster is not too far off but still acceptable and pinion angle is acceptable. Otherwise if you were able to adjust each independently such as you suggested (re-positioning the c's) then you wouldn't have to compromise.

Ah, gotcha

I've had the entire weight of the front of the vehicle on the pass side arm on a rock.

I wouldn't exactly call that a strenuous test of a control arm.

Not bashing the product, I'm sure it (and any control arm for that matter) can handle more abuse than that.

Installed Track bar
IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

I just got my Ironman control arms and track bar today and thought I'd post up some pics. The parts are very well made, and heavy duty. I'll post more after the install.

Lower Control Arm

PB050225.jpg

Track Bar

PB050226.jpg

You bought some great stuff! I have that track bar and I will let you know ahead of time the stock track bar bracket is extremely hard to drill out. If you have a drill press or know someone that does then I highly recommend using it! That stud is HUGE! So a lot of material needs to be removed in order to make it work. Also because the stud is so huge the nut that holds it on is equally large and near impossible to get a good grip on to tighten down all the way. It says "bolt on" but in the instructions he says he recommends welding it to the mount. I tried to bolt it in but it was still too loose for comfort so I welded it in. That thing isn't going anywhere if it is welded and makes the concerns about the stud being single shear irrelevant. Though the stud being as large as it is would never be a problem unless you were doing something hardcore like JeepSpeed. I was hesitant about using poly since I usually try to go for parts that use rubber bushing but coming from a JKS track bar (which this bar dwarfs both in size and weight) I can tell you there is zero difference as far as road vibrations. Just make sure to grease those zerk fittings once and a while so the bushings last as long as possible.

Edit: after posting I saw where you posted your installed pictures so my advice is useless now and I bet you probably already figured out most of what I said haha Looks good though!

Back