• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRON ROCK SYE WITH 8.8

hockeyplurr

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I just got a Iron Rock SYE. I have a 8.8 in my XJ, there directions show how to measure for a yoke style rear axle and mine is the flange. Anyone done this before and know how much of my output shaft I need to cut off? Or what part of the 8.8 I need to measure from.

Running 4.5" RE springs, 1" zero rate and RE Extended shackles.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have any experience in this specific setup... but I do have enough experience in talking with the IRO folks when I have had questions with installation or even their products, and have always gotten a very quick answer on any emails or phone messages I have left them... and their customer service is awesome... so I would try giving them a call or shoot them an email if nothng else...

Take the measurement with the flange on the axle but when you measure, just go from the center of the U-joint cap hole. It'll be essentially the same as measuring off the yoke.

I run the kit with an 8.8 but personally I think their method of measuring is poor. You should have plenty of length with the shaft, I cut the output shaft so I would have a full 1.5 inches of spline engagement.

I run the kit with an 8.8 but personally I think their method of measuring is poor. You should have plenty of length with the shaft, I cut the output shaft so I would have a full 1.5 inches of spline engagement.
this is the important part.

you should cut the output shaft long/short enough so that you get proper engagement FIRST and then hope you have enough wiggle room th accomodate for the length of the drive shaft instead of cutting the output shaft of the T-case to fit the length of the drive shaft.

Back