• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Hey Beefiness, I work in Groton, you might've seen my gold XJ. I sent you a PM, get back to me, and i'll help you get on the trails.

Welcome to NAXJA.

Dave ,from South Jersey.. This used to be my wifes XJ til she got an 04 WJ. then it became my new DD toy to lift.
10cere2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everybody, Mike from central New York. (Syracuse, Utica) Nice to meet you all. I have a 99 classic, 4" frankenlift, 31" BFG muds (for temporary) and am always looking for a place to play around here.

I just joined..5 mins ago! My name is Corey I moved to Maine last January, Previously I've lived in SoCal all my life. After moving here I pickedup my XJ at the end of March; 1998 Black 4.0L 5-Speed NP-231 Chry 8.25, D30. Farily stock with a Magnaflow 5"x8"x18"Case 2 1/4" In/Out, Hurst Equipped, Accel 8.0MM wires/Plugs, K&N Dropin, KC 6" LongRange lights, KC 46Series w/Abmer lenses. WOOO I'm glad to be part of the NAXJA!!

Welcome to NAXJA Corey!

have you gone wheelin' with that Xj yet?
ahhh isin't it wonderful, another one sucked into the addiction!:firedevil

good luck with your Chero. man

-Andrew

I have gotten sucked into the XJ. The first week I bought it I'd already ordered parts from summit for it :) Always loved the jeep's, My freind recieved a 93ZJ from his dad with like 225,000 Miles on it, It then failed the CA smog test so they canned it and my freind bought his own 01WJ Quadratrac V-8, The second day he had it we got to drive to his Grandparents house just east of Yuma Arizona and test that limited slip in the sand..worked very well even on street tires. Anyway's I've done some light treading here, My grandfather own's a little quarry that's no longer in action so I did some 4x4 testing, It's a beast :) I did manage to get the XJ stuck...I was trying to drive up hill in one of his feilds a day after it rained..The front end managed to just sink right on in, then down to the axles hahah goodthing for 4x4 Difflocking Ford Tractors :) I'll post up a picture of thy rig..
Naxjaone.jpg

Hi all,

I am Rock. My wife and I own Twisted Steel 4x4 in New Hampshire.

Here is my last XJ. It is an 89 with 6" of lift and 33's. Currently we have a 97 XJ that is still stock but I think that is going to change in the spring......

fa8ad623.jpg

flex1.jpg

flex4.jpg

Hello all,

I just joined today, I have no problem with paying $35 for the tecnical information that I can get here. I currently have 5 Jeeps, but only one of them is an XJ. I have a small 4x4 shop in Southern NJ, where I do Custom Fabrication and repairs. I hope to see all of you on the trails as soon as I finish the XJ build.

Thanks,
Eric

welcome aboard! thanks for supporting NAXJA, too :) what are you building your XJ for, DD, rocks, mud?

whatevah said:
welcome aboard! thanks for supporting NAXJA, too :) what are you building your XJ for, DD, rocks, mud?

Well I just ordered a JD4 hydraulic bender for my shop and I'm going to put a tube frame under the XJ, then I've got a 5.7L Hemi with the 5speed auto and an atlas t/c to put in it along with a pair of Dana 60's with detroit's and 5.13's. It will be for rocks mostly, along with fabricating a full frame, I'm going to fab up an 8" long arm 4 link suspension to run 36" or 37" tires. I've got some ideas for a full cage with integrated tube steel flares and some body armor. My goal is to have it ready for next spring. I'll post some links to pics as I build it.

etkeeny said:
I have a small 4x4 shop in Southern NJ, where I do Custom Fabrication and repairs.

Welcome to NAXJA!
I'm over in Blackwood, where's your shop located?:wierd:

Last edited:
Very new to this site. I looked up as much as I could on the net ref the 60th anniv Cherokee. I am picking one up next week, great condition. Black with about 80K miles. Is this as "rare" as it seems? and Is there any particulars about the 2001's that I need to checkout?
Thanks from NJ

60th edition XJs are fairly rare, were only 2,379 black anniversary models made. there's nothing special mechanically about them, aside from the 16" wheels, so you don't need to hunt for anything. the only things you'll have different from a regular XJ is the 60th stickers and floormats. the other options were all stuff you could get with a regular XJ. http://www.getahelmet.com/60th/info/60thback.jpg

Hey guys, just joined NAXJA. I'm registered on JU and JF, mostly involved in JU. I have a 93 XJ Sport with a 3" rusty's full spring pack lift kit, surco roof rack, a jks adj trackbar, and some more stuff. I'm from huntington,LI,NY but am away at school in new paltz, ny

Hi everyone. My name is John and I'm from the Philadelphia area. Great to see a forum totally dedicated to XJ's(and MJ's I hope).

yea, MJs find a home here too.
Just letting you know though, this is a Jeep club (those whose names are red are paying club members) which has created a forum for both members and non members to view and add to.

Hello I am Ceg from Yakima, Washington. I am the founder of the All Wheelers Off Road Club and the Eastern Washington Off Road Forum. I am a DNR Volunteer and ORV Site Steward for the Ahtanum Multiple Use Area.

My trail rig is the Molly Mule. 88 XJ "Laredo", 4.0L, AW4, NP242, 3.5 Tuff Country lift, 1.5 Rough County Lift, 1.5 Rough Country add-a-leaf, Front and rear axle assembly swap for lower gears (Now 373), Home made Roof rack, 15x8 AR wheels, 33x12.50 MT/Rs, Tow bar mount & Dog rack.
2006-09-30-06.JPG
http://cegranch.com/ewor/2006-09-30-06.JPG

Have a Dana 44 & another Dana 30 I hope to regear to 4.88 with selectable lockers. These will go into my XJ, but maybe not the one above.

I am also building the wife her own XJ. If I can get the title, I will be building her a 89. As my rig gets up graded, her rig will too from my old parts.
2006-11-17-xjs.JPG

Back