• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

In progress theme would bring up just about everybody on here...

I'm trying to find some deals on craigslist...looking for gears, a front locker and 16 inch rims and 33 in mud tires.

WHY ON EARTH DO YOU POST AN AD AND THEN PUT CONTACT INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN'T BE CONTACTED AT?????

One more rant. Contacted a guy about a set of rubicon rims that he has forsale. He's had them listed for over a week, the clear coat is peeling, only has one picture shown, won't send me any other pics, and says that he doesn't need them...but won't come off the price...good luck...

mac 'just trying to find a good deal' gyvr

Did you end up doing any better on mpg on the way home Matt

no it didn't...but I never adjusted the wing either...

we've got several trips coming up in mid-june thru august so I should be able to tweak it some.

mac 'not much in it so even a little is a win' gyvr

I think I may know someone with some Kevlar mtrs Mac....

Edit: they are discovered stt's and are 35's. Wants way too much too.

Every time i go and spend all my money ruffstuff has a 20% off sale. damn it.

what would ya'll spend on a 29 spline with an lsd and 4.10s? clean axle thats been re-painted, has an extended brake line attached and newish brakes?

found one here on clist for $400...sent the guy an email to get more info. if he comes down just a little, i'm in for sure...if he won't budge, i still might consider it.

edit: said axle here http://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/3781863615.html

It's been one of those weeks.... looks like my auto-darkening welding helmet didn't quite go dark fast enough, and I've got a little flash-burn in my left eye (see the eye doc yet this afternoon.) And Deb just told me that she's has a mild allergic reaction during her chemotherapy session this morning.

No, I am *NOT* asking what else can go wrong. Really. I'm not.

I'm the genius who went to put a tack weld into my wheelbarrow axle and completely forgot to even close my eyes...

what would ya'll spend on a 29 spline with an lsd and 4.10s? clean axle thats been re-painted, has an extended brake line attached and newish brakes?

found one here on clist for $400...sent the guy an email to get more info. if he comes down just a little, i'm in for sure...if he won't budge, i still might consider it.

edit: said axle here http://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/3781863615.html
ehhhhh. Seems excessive.

Even throwing money around like it's going out of style:
8.8 w/ 4.10s and LSD at the JY near me (you'll love the place) $130
Assuming this is going in the MJ, SUA long travel kit is $120 WIY partial from ruffstuff
shock mounts are $15 iirc
brake lines, cables, etc figure $50

Comes w/ discs already, comes w/ 4.10s, comes w/ LSD, super easy to find in the yard up here, bigger axle tubes, bigger pinion shaft and bearings, bigger axle shafts, bigger ring gear... and $315 spent plus some shipping.

Even if you can't find an LSD 4.10 axle up here, it's easy to solve that problem, grab an LSD carrier out of a 3.55 or 3.73 axle and stuff it in the 4.10 one before leaving the yard, then all you gotta do is reset the carrier shims after getting home to put backlash/preload back where they should have been.

And...... not a flash burn, apparently, but irisitis of some unknown cause. Treated with steroid eye drops, hourly. Looking at a computer screen is rather unpleasant today.

no...this would be for the xj...still rocking stock gears. the problem is not having any place to work on it right now. i need to pass nj inspection if i want to get the xj registered here. right now my rear brakes will not pass inspection. i would love to find an 8.8 here but right not i have no place to weld it, and the yards here are stupid...i just figured this would be a bandaid for now. if i put kj brakes on it, it would be more than sufficient to run 33's.

now if you don't mind if i come up for a day of jeep working, once i go back to iowa (end of may) i already have the perches and shock tabs and ubolts for an 8.8 sitting in my shop. i would just need brake parts...which i have the calipers for a core already. i will probably hold off till june to do the registration so that i have time to fix my exhaust for real and put fender flares back on. then i will just have to pass the "elevated vehicle bullshit test" which i also will probably fail now because my steering box is so dead it won't correct itself...and yes that is actually part of the test. i am probably going to head up to stockbridge ma here in the next few weeks though...i would be up for a jy scouring party

Sure, drive that thing up here early in the morning and we can probably have it back together and driving home by evening. I've done worse. There are a few yards east of me we can hit and a few west that I have never been to.

Back