• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

too bad I cant find a smiley that has a pic of my balls, your mouth and a slice of bacon.....

Cheese "T-bag Ala-Swine" Man

A question for the guys with strictly wheeling rigs, do you keep any type of insurance on them?

Sometimes...

I go in phases. I'll get tired of putting insurance on it, suspend it for a while, put it back on. I just try to make sure it has insurance on it when I'm at an event that requires insurance.

mac 'my insurance guy loves me' gyvr

What's that got to do with his swiney balls in your face

A question for the guys with strictly wheeling rigs, do you keep any type of insurance on them?

Don't get me started.
your rig, if it is not street legal, is uninsurable.
That is why I got rid of mine.
You insurance company will take a check for your premium, but if something happens, the insurance companies underwriter will deny the claim due to the fact that you "Jeep" is no longer a Jeep.
Blah Blah Blah, dune buggy, umbrella, recreational vehicle. I tried them all, mine fit none of the categories.
God help the poor SOB who ends up testing the system.

I knew there was a reason I got my inspection sticker a few weeks ago.

Street legal, baby.

Don't get me started.
your rig, if it is not street legal, is uninsurable.
That is why I got rid of mine.
You insurance company will take a check for your premium, but if something happens, the insurance companies underwriter will deny the claim due to the fact that you "Jeep" is no longer a Jeep.
Blah Blah Blah, dune buggy, umbrella, recreational vehicle. I tried them all, mine fit none of the categories.
God help the poor SOB who ends up testing the system.

define street legal.

I have brake lights, turn signals, headlights, bumpers.

The only thing that I know that I could get an infraction ticket would be that the tires are not covered by a fender, and that my bumper (depending on where you define the bumper as starting) may be more than 30 inches from the ground.

I'm not sure how yours wasn't street legal if you had the lights and signals and such. It was closer to a stock look than the other three rigs featured in the magazine with you.

mac 'my doors don't open' gyvr

Mine is 100% street legal (for now). I am thinking of dropping it and putting it on when I need it. You just put plpd on it Mac?

Yes just plpd on the popcan, we have this agreement that they will only do liability. I had full coverage on the baby jeep.

mac 'like a good neighbor' gyvr

How strictly?
I drive it to and from the trail, and not much more than that.

To comply with the WIDOT, the Jeep is licensed and insured.

I guess that even if it was a trailer queen, I would still insure it with a minimum of liability insurance.

My insurance won't put comprehensive on mine, only liability, they do not wish to have to determine a value.

Sean r if yours had headlights and such it was street legal in my mind...not sure y it wasn't in your mind.

Mine was rolled in April 2001, insurance cut me a check for $5150...too bad I owed $6500.

mac 'no longer with that insurance company' gyvr

Back