• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

As posted on the Badlands facebook page:

AN INVITATION TO CELEBRATE THE LIFE OF TROY MYERS - ONE OF THE TRUE OFF ROAD GREATS!

A couple days ago we laid to rest Troy Myers - one of the most avid off road enthusiasts on the planet. If you were one of the lucky ones to know and experience Troy in his “Troy Habitat” – on or in something with a motor, in the woods or flying thru the air – you would know he ate, breathed, and wallowed in the dirt and mud.

Troy started riding when he was three years old and as he grew so did the size of his dreams. Back in 1995 Troy turned his passion into a career and opened the Badlands Off Road Park!!!
Through the years as he grew the park his desires to create and experience adventure grew as well. Even though The Badlands is located in small town Attica, Indiana, his influence in the off road community grew until now it spans the globe. If it had anything to do with wheelin’, it didn’t matter who did the inviting or where you were going, Troy was there and was the guy who would work all night just so he could ride all day. And there was always a group of friends – old or new – with him. Special bonds of friendship developed and today there are people all over the country who will tell you stories about the impact Troy Myers made on their lives.

Troy was the epitome of “Go Big or Go Home”! So in true Troy fashion, we are hosting one last BIG BASH for one of the true legends in our sport. If you knew Troy and he had an influence on your life, we – Lisa (his wife), family and friends – are inviting you to this BIG BASH. Come and bring your best Troy Story! Help us make Troy’s last hurrah one he would be proud of! The family will be serving food for the first 500 (and we plan to run out). Not sure if you are included in this invitation??? If you put a smile on Troy’s face or he put a smile on your’s, than you are invited.

The evening will feature a live band as backup to all the Troy folklore. You are welcome to bring adult drinks. If you do, please bring your sense of responsibility with you.

Again . . . this is a celebration! Troy never wanted a solemn day. He would tell you to bring your smile, a good story, a sense of adventure, and let’s go out with a BANG!

DATE: Saturday, December 30th
TIME: 4pm – 10pm(???)
ADDRESS: 3436 N 70 W Attica, IN 47918

troymyers.jpg

IRO is back to sponsor Winterfest for another year!

mac 'please keep buying their stuff!' gyvr

Mouth hugs in exchange for anything is an acceptable form of currency. Handys are a close second.

Well took the f250 into the shop to get a spark plug removed that I couldn't get out and now I'm going shopping for new truck tomorrow. Lucky me. They got the old spark plug out but had to put a heli coil in for the new plug to screw into. New plug blew out as soon as they started it up and dropped the heli coil down into the motor. So now I got a truck in the shop with a motor that can't be started until it is torn apart and heli coil removed. Just isn't worth it to me to put that kind of money into it to fix it. Guess I will just bring it home and start parting it out.

Danm and here I'm all pissed that the growling in the front end of my XL was just a hub so I change it out just to have the same growl so its tbe front diff. You win!

Ben $500!

Ps my day
97388890debf26aaa660afc4404872c0.jpg

mac ‘good times’ gyvr

Ben are there a bunch of other issues with the F250? Surely it would be cheaper/better in the long run to stab a JY engine in it than part it out.

Also it sounds like they didn't helicoil it properly and they owe you a teardown. The shop I used to work at a guy dropped a bolt down the intake of a 351 and didn't notice until it was mashed into the top of the piston. The shop put a engine in the truck on their dime.

Last edited:
Ben are there a bunch of other issues with the F250? Surely it would be cheaper/better in the long run to stab a JY engine in it than part it out.

Also it sounds like they didn't helicoil it properly and they owe you a teardown. The shop I used to work at a guy dropped a bolt down the intake of a 351 and didn't notice until it was mashed into the top of the piston. The shop put a engine in the truck on their dime.
It is starting to have some bad rust issues. I can hear the doors and rockers rust falling off going down the road and the bed is ready to fall cuz supports are all gone. I thought about just doing a junk yard motor in it but would still have to have a shop do it cuz I just don't have any free time anymore with new job.

I probably could go back against the shop for not doing it correctly but don't know if it would be worth it in long run. We were planning on getting rid of truck in a couple months anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

At least get the shop to give you scrap out value and have them mess w it. The helicoil should not have fallen out if done correctly.

Speaking if crap ass Ford's...

Does anyone have any experience with the late 90's explorer 5.0?

My sport Tracs 4.0 has reached the end of it's life. I love the truck, but I really hate the 4.0 and the transmission behind it.

I could sell the truck, but my wife also loves it too (which is very rare).

So my options are do a full reman engine and trans and be stuck with a fragile drive train OR and easy swap is a Ford 5.0 and tranny from an explorer. I know they are fairly reliable, but what kind of money does it take for any sort of power?

The other option is an LS swap...but that makes this a much more extensive project, and project time is fairly scarce the last few years.

I'll probably wind up selling the truck though :(

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ben,

That shop owes you whatever it takes to fix it. I’ve done those and never had that problem. I’d cover that in a second. Done correctly that thing never should have went in the cylinder

Last edited:
Back