• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

An opportunity for employment was presented to me.

In general, people I’ve heard talk about it are happy there and it’s regarded around here as a good place to work. Assembly people are paid well, health insurance is free, other benefits like retirement are pretty good. I see a lot of Subarus rolling around with manufacturer license plates so maybe you can work that into your compensation haha. The plant is not UAW (last I knew) so that sets them apart from some of the other auto makers.

A friend of mine was in paint engineering and did not think the pay was up to par, but I’m sure it varies. He did get stuck on a lot of weekends doing fire watch since he was the only one in his group without kids. Also holidays are hit or miss for engineers since that’s when they do shutdowns.

Of the people I don’t know real well that work there, one guy was in maintenance and the other programming robots and they seemed happy about being there and interested in what they were doing.

Long way to relocate.

Non union which makes it great. I’m in manufacturing going on 10 years and maintenance 5. it’s like any other manufacturing plant. Same B.S. just different people. Your position not so bad but it’s the same gig. But it is a very very nice facility.

Last edited:
does anyone here work or know somebody that works at the Subaru plant in Lafayette?

Worked there several years ago, great place with a lot of opportunity for overtime, would still be there if I wouldn't have decided to make a career change. Know several who still work there and love it. They've made several upgrades and added an engine line, and are getting ready to dump another $150 million on an additional auto line. Onsite gym with basketball court, daycare, walking trails, etc. They do a lot for their employees IMO. Very easy to get to as well, just 30 secs off of I-65 Good luck with your decision.

It’s 4 hours from my house. Still somewhat close enough to family. They are offering a relocation package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s 4 hours from my house. Still somewhat close enough to family. They are offering a relocation package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 4 hours would be the perfect distance from family, just far enough to not have to see them all the time.

And the best part is the badlands would be sooooo close..........

I think 4 hours would be the perfect distance from family, just far enough to not have to see them all the time.

And the best part is the badlands would be sooooo close..........

really wouldnt be any different from now. we live about an hour from any immediate family.

Wow, got super trashed to knight on company dime. Yup it's spelled wrong so **** you've in the ass for noticing, btw eastern time zone sucks

Well just got offered a trade for my 01 super duty. Guy wants to trade his 2000 chevy 3500 single rear wheel 454 truck for my super duty. Wondering if i should do it. Would be better ride and more power pulling than what i have now. Plus it only has 107k miles on it. Anybody ever have any problems out of these years big blocks?

Besides normal GM front end stuff that need replaced every 30-80k i think there was an issue with the cams wearing flat, great opportunity to bump up in cam size, fix leaking intake gaskets and have a nice truck. I miss my 93 GMC CC/drw/LB 4x4 454.

Think that's my main complaint about the Ford is the ride in it. Maybe I'm just getting older and want something not so rough riding.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

9468fde39cd48529da8051d89c5ba277.jpg

Got a good running 109k 4.0 forsale, along with 31 ats, and some comfy seats.

mac ‘forsale forum has the info’ gyvr

Back