• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm bringing--------to the Pig Gig.

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
Pig Giggers are only asks for 3 things of those in attendance.
1. Bring a side dish or something that the rest will use.
2. Eat pig
3. Make a donation(large or small) to cover the cost of the pig.

Post up with what you plan to bring for the masses.
We'll need plates, plasti-ware, napkins and such. Don't forget BBQ sauce and buns.:lickout:
MWC President prefers any variety of Sweet Baby Ray's.:D

Post up what you plan to bring so we don't end up with 4000 paper plates, 12 crock pots of baked beans and 1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce. :D Also include how many will be with you so that everyone can get an idea of how many plates, napkins.......yada, yada, yada so on and so forth.
-----------------------------------------------------

I will bring charcoal and some wood. (Trying to get some apple) Several disposable roaster pans, and hopefully a table cloth with cocks on it.:D
I'll attempt to have BACON wrapped smokies for the breakfast crowd. If you want them, get there early. They go fast.

Last edited:
I plan on bringing the Nacho machine and a few bags of chips, some freshly made peanut butter cookies w/ Reeses Cups baked into the center of them and probably a bottle or two of BBQ sauce.

I will have with me for sure my wife, Camille, and my son, Case. I am awaiting word from Collin if he is going along or not.

There is a small chance that I might even bring along one pepper bacon explosion......we will see :chef:

I'll bring a bunch of buns and 1/2 a bottle of sauce.

I'll be bringing homebrew. Probably a 5 gallon keg of a tasty lager I kegged last week, and either a partial keg or some growlers of Irish red and schwarzbier, and a growler or two of my 9% Houblonmonstre Tripel IPA.

And of my two homebrewing gun nut buddies, one has a wedding and the other is :dunno:

I am bringing Chips and Homemade Salsa out of my cousin's garden. We can add some nacho cheese from tylers fountain and make some Queso! :D

I'll talk to Brad and see if we can bring the turkey fryer and a couple turkeys:D

Is there something wrong with that? It's cool, but I'm just a little confused here. :dunno:
Yeah, we're going to have an entire hog to get rid of........we really don't need any more meat. :D

Pig Gig = Eat Pig.....not Turkey.

Last edited:
Yeah, we're going to have an entire hog to get rid of........we really don't need any more meat. :D

Understandable, I was just raised with the thoughts on meat being "the more, the merrier!"

I'll figure out something else.

Understandable, I was just raised with the thoughts on meat being "the more, the merrier!"

I'll figure out something else.
You've obviously never seen how much meat you get out of a hog.party1:

What, you and Jim don't want to be eating leftover hog until X-mas again?

:D

What, you and Jim don't want to be eating leftover hog until X-mas again?

:D

Truth be told.....You're really not exaggerating that all that much.

I am awaiting word from Collin if he is going along or not.
I am not going to make this one but I will be there in spirit. I hope you guys have a blast! And thanks so much for the offer on riding with Tyler, take you up on it next time for sure :)

I am not going to make this one but I will be there in spirit. I hope you guys have a blast! And thanks so much for the offer on riding with Tyler, take you up on it next time for sure :)

But who's gonna make all the announcements? :D

Keeping in mind that I have no culinary skillz - I am pretty much limited to any side dish that can be purchased at a grocery :D If left to my own devices you will end up with some potato salad, a few bags of chips and a lot of soda. Hope that's OK. I'd be happy to pick up whatever is needed, just tell me what.

Now that I think about it, there is a local BBQ place here that absolutely rocks, I will stop and try to grab a pint or two of sauce from them. It's good stuff.

There's a Wal-Mart in Flora and a small grocery store in Louisville. We usually end up making a run to one of the two.

Back