• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to introduce myself - New to to the XJ!

Ah! A fellow Jeep lover and MOPAR fanatic!

First off, I love the stance and tires on your Jeep. It looks very aggressive. That’s a very cool style.

Second, I have a ’68 Sport Fury with a 318. I got it when I was 19, efficiently thrashed it over the next ten years, and now it’s slowly coming back to life as my project car. The 318 is going to get warmed up quite a bit; I’m not a street racer, but I think 330 horses are cooler than 230, if ya know what I mean. :D

Ha! I remember now. I was drawing a blank until you posted the pic.

Haha, yea thats why I figured I better post a picture. I believe you blew up your front ARB on that run, and (I think Chris is his name) the guy in the green TJ with Krawlers on it spit a coil spring out. I remember I busted a leaf spring center-pin and we rachet-straped my axle in place and I drove back to Calico like that lol.

As a matter of fact, I will never forget the chilli that Chris's wife made on that run. It was great!

It was my Detroit, and I blew it up on Pumpkin Eater at the first waterfall. Wow...memories. Lots and lots has changed since then.

Edit: I found a pic of that day:

389428_2749813868182_1342666542_3083117_1662056683_n.jpg

That's you in the background, I think - and that was 6 and a half years ago..wow....that long ago...timestamp says April 1, 2005

And I found of of you climbing that same waterfall

381603_2749844468947_1342666542_3083142_1749124689_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeap, that whole weekend just came flooding back to me. It was a good weekend overall. You know, that trail (pumpkin eater) has handed me my lunch every time I've tried it. No matter how built, no matter what Jeep I'm driving, that trail is my nemesis.

Ha. No more pumpkin eater for me. I know when to say uncle.

Goin' to Truckhaven next weekend. Maybe I'll go to stoddard after the new year. Time will tell

Ah! A fellow Jeep lover and MOPAR fanatic!

First off, I love the stance and tires on your Jeep. It looks very aggressive. That’s a very cool style.

Second, I have a ’68 Sport Fury with a 318. I got it when I was 19, efficiently thrashed it over the next ten years, and now it’s slowly coming back to life as my project car. The 318 is going to get warmed up quite a bit; I’m not a street racer, but I think 330 horses are cooler than 230, if ya know what I mean. :D

My 318 is going to get warmed up just a little bit. I have a 360 4bbl manifold with a thermoquad on the garage floor ($80 for the whole setup at pick-a-part!), Heddman headers, and when I do all that I'll be changing the cam. Combine with a Magna-flow tru-x system, and I'm figuring it'll end up around 280 or so, and that is plenty for what I want to use the car for (going to car shows and sitting next to it in a lawn chair with a cooler full of beer).

I also have a hot rod Lincoln (ok, not really, it's just an old beat up '95 Lincoln Continental, but would you believe Ford put a 32-valve quad cam 4.6 V8 under the hood - and it's front wheel drive!). I surprise a lot of Acura's and even the odd BMW here and there.

Very nice

Back