• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

if i couldnt wheel a jeep

That guy is a idiot!

Completely agree, a rig like that takes no skill to operate and just trashes the trail. I would be clling the ranger/sheriff first chance I got after seeing that crap. Did you see how many people had to dive to get away from his Rooster tails?

That's how they all wheel down southeast. Lots of ponys and big tires. Plus look at the trees that's a steep hill doesn't look like a real trail

That's how they all wheel down southeast. Lots of ponys and big tires. Plus look at the trees that's a steep hill doesn't look like a real trail

IIRC that is a Rock Bouncing competition rig. I think it would be cool to watch in a competition, but I think what is shown in that video looks like public trails (or not trials) and just looks bad for the wheeling community.

Keep in mind that's southern wheeling. Big hill climbs, where "crawling" really doesn't work. It's all done on privately owned ORV parks. There's all sorts of famous hills and obstacles where competitions are held (Cable Hill). These sorts of things draw crowds and bring in money for the park. Yeah, it doesn't portray the best image of our sport, but neither does "mudding". I'm sure the same can be said about some the "timber crawling" we do here in the PNW.

MadRam's videos are always entertaining. I think some of the the buggies are ugly as hell, but that's the southern "rock bouncing" style.

Personally, I'm more of a fan of West Coast style. :greensmok
LAGHz.jpg

To answer Ben's original question though, I'd build a Suzuki Sidekick or Geo Tracker.

Keep in mind that's southern wheeling. Big hill climbs, where "crawling" really doesn't work. It's all done on privately owned ORV parks. There's all sorts of famous hills and obstacles where competitions are held (Cable Hill). These sorts of things draw crowds and bring in money for the park. Yeah, it doesn't portray the best image of our sport, but neither does "mudding". I'm sure the same can be said about some the "timber crawling" we do here in the PNW.

MadRam's videos are always entertaining. I think some of the the buggies are ugly as hell, but that's the southern "rock bouncing" style.

Personally, I'm more of a fan of West Coast style. :greensmok
LAGHz.jpg

To answer Ben's original question though, I'd build a Suzuki Sidekick or Geo Tracker.

I spent the last 20mins trying to come up with a way to say just what you did, with out making Torx and Darren mad at me...

Torx does it better.
But a tracker... Full homo

But a tracker... Full homo
Okay.
P1050248.jpg

First off they have a frame. I'd stuff a cherry V6 in it, build some polished J54 axles, link it, and run some 37's. Simple.

The Side Kick would be cool because it's a four door (gotta love a 4dr). Plus, you can stretch them out to 105" WB, and still be street legal with a killer departure angle.

Last edited:
a unimog would be awesome just not real practical for wheeling this area.

Saw a 'Mog up in TSF a couple years ago... Didn't seem to have any problems negotiating the trails... In fact I was pretty impressed... Any body seen the Ralley Fighter? Google it... Pretty awesome little rig...

Back