• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I give up!!

Damn those lca angles are steep! you sure they didn't send you 6.5" coils. either way adjustable uca's and lca's seem to be needed.

maybe I need to check how much lift I have.... I'll take a pics of the jeep itself... everyone keeps commenting that it looks higher than what I THOUGHT it was.. BRB

Well your spring/bumpstop issue is because you need DB's or LA's at that height to correct the wheelbase.

ok I think that I have found my problem..... I have LCA's for 5.5 lift and stock uppers, I just measure from center hub to edge of front fender I get 24 and 7/8 inches exactly... in the rear I got almost 24 exactly.... if I go by the generally accepted stock numbers I have alot more lift than 5.5... but it doesn't look like its lifted more than 6 or so inches to me...

015.jpg

Everytime DW happens to me it always the trackbar. Start the truck, have someone else steer it back and forth and check for movement.

The xj in question is a 98 Sport 2 door 5 speed 4.0, 5.5 RC Lift, 33 bfg's, RE Adjustable Track bar, RC Fixed LCA....

That is not an RE adjustable trackbar. Can you get some shots of how the trackbar is mounted? (i.e. how the bolt goes through the trackbar bracket hole) It looks like you have a double shear trackbar mounted in single shear, which is not good. It also looks like the trackbar is upside down. (mounted reverse of how it should be)

I'm going to agree with BonesBrosChris, I think its a trackbar issue.

That is not an RE adjustable trackbar. Can you get some shots of how the trackbar is mounted? (i.e. how the bolt goes through the trackbar bracket hole) It looks like you have a double shear trackbar mounted in single shear, which is not good. It also looks like the trackbar is upside down. (mounted reverse of how it should be)

I'm going to agree with BonesBrosChris, I think its a trackbar issue.

I meant RC not RE... it was bought about 18 months to 2 years ago, however I did not put it on until I went up with the lift... hang on and I will get some other shots........ now that I think about it this might have came from 4WD... I don't know I'm getting old... let me get you some pics and thanks for helping..

Looking at your numbers that the alignment guy gave you and I see that he set the tow in to factory specs.
A friend of mine put on a 4 1/2" lift kit (dont' remember which brand) and he replaced EVERYTHING. He had death wobble so bad he couldn't drive it.

Long story short, they tightened up the toe in (I think it's 1/8" toe in) and the DW stopped.

maybe? :dunno:

Ya, I just looked its a JKS tracbkar, and mounted correctly. I guess its just the first time I've seen one mounted up close in pictures.

I would have someone get in and turn the wheels back and forth fairly fast, and look at both the steering box shaft, and the trackbar mount. You could have play in either one.

Ya forgot to add that, those angles look terrible. You really should get some drop brackets, its amazing how much nicer your rig will drive and handle with the brackets in. I love my RE brackets.

And also, I was on Rough Country's website, and that isn't their trackbar either.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtras_trac-bar.html

who knows I buy most everything from RC or 4WD Hardware.....but honestly I might have picked it up in guatemala from a street vendor... I can't remember what was for breakfast..

ok I think that I have found my problem..... I have LCA's for 5.5 lift and stock uppers, I just measure from center hub to edge of front fender I get 24 and 7/8 inches exactly... in the rear I got almost 24 exactly.... if I go by the generally accepted stock numbers I have alot more lift than 5.5... but it doesn't look like its lifted more than 6 or so inches to me...

015.jpg

Those are 33" BFGs, and the flares are in the stock position, so I'm guessing 8 inches of lift.

Those are 33" BFGs, and the flares are in the stock position, so I'm guessing 8 inches of lift.

You guys know more about my rig than I do and I drive it everyday....I guess when you slowly add parts over time you end up with more than you think...

I guess I will hit jason up for some DB's.... I think I would be happier that route than buy new CA's.... everyone seems to like the way their rig rides with DB's....

according to your measurments your about 6.5 rear and 8 front. rear the RC drop bracket chart on yucca mans site. your still going to need adjustable upper and lowers.Yucca-Man: Rubicon Express RE9900 Drop Brackets is that trac bar adjustment maxed out? bracket super tight? and i see OTK steering in your future at that height. good luck!

no, theres still alot of adjustment in the track bar?... the track bar is tight and solid..

Back