• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-Tec retreads are on... Discount Tire store sucks

Say what, i returned over thousand of bfg tires for tread loss, don't get me wrong i still run bfg tires but i know what to look for.. I have retreads on my trailer, they are about 4 yrs old now.. Time to change them

Rev Den said:
Odd.

Just dodged a retread today after it left the truck it was on.

Of course.....usally I see them after the truck tosses them....not during. This one took the guys right front fender, lights, spalsh guards, etc. off with it.

Retreads? Never.

Props to Discount.

Rev

Ditto. Maybe on a trail rig but not on the road when my family or someone else's could be at risk. I would rather buy a used high quality tire.

TheEddie said:
I cant find the link to back this up, but High-Tec uses a different process to retread than the tire shops use on big rigs, it costs more and works much better (a guy who worked at a big rig retreading shop said this) Something about cold fusing and hot fusing..

I'm going for High-Tecs next..or maybe those new Kumhos..hmm.

I have 31x10.5 Kumho Venture MT's and I can't find a set of 33's-33's at all! :(
Did they discontinue them to go with the new 16" ones?

Oh, if I can't find Kumhos I am going with retreads! Saving $$ > Other peoples safety!...

I've had 3 sets of the 31" OTR mud High Tec Retreads and they have all run flawlessly. I never even balanced the last 2 sets and they run nice and smooth... High Tec has some great products and awesome customer service...

My 2 cents :)

Back