• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!!! Caster angle...problem with RK steering

You want to tilt the top of the diff backwards towards the centre of the Jeep to give more caster. You run as much as you can up to 7 degrees which is stock. You lift height though will reduce what you can run as the higher you are the more you have to reduce it to stop vibes from the front unis running too steeply. Follow my write up on how to dial it in correctly.
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoAlignment.htm

7 degrees is perfect.

Yes you can check castor by doing what you did, and the calculation 9-#=caster

Alot of people use the diff cover bolts, basically the same. I just had an alignment and used my "angle finder/protractor" atop the upper balljoint and basically got the same caster reading as the alignment rack said.

I have 11 degrees now, way too much, I get death wobble frequently if I hit a bump 35 mph and above.

I followed Yucca Man's website specs for adjusting control arms for 7" of lift (which I have) with the stock CA brackets and that got me 11 degrees of caster.

My front pinion angle isn't perfect right now but if I reduce my amount of caster by about 4 degrees it should be near perfect in terms of lining up with the transfer case output.

Good luck!

What about track length on a radius arm setup? Does it not really matter what where the front axle is within a few inch margin? I followed the recomendations from Clayton and set the radius arms to 36", but it seems like my track bar is cocked foward to get into the axle mount. So how do you know if your track length is set right?

Yes sir ride is fine except for the deathwobble associated with my bad caster angle.

are you also using stock arms or do you have aftermarket tubular arms.

with the arms at that angle, fine must mean something different to you than me.

7" lift on short arms and no drop brackets :sure:

Back