• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help and a slap in the face if need it..

white_elephant

NAXJA Forum User
ok so im 17...i have worked my butt off to buy some axles that my "friend" its selling me...they are

d44 and amc 20 from a waggy...they have good toys...like warn hubs and spool locker in the amc 20 and rubicon locker in the front and w.e...and he is asking 1000$....i wanted them..

but now there is the situation that ...some how i think they are not a good deal....i still need to get bigger tires and new rims and long arms and longer shocks and larger coil springs and i need to get new leaf springs to go higher...and blah blah blah...its like 5000$ i need ..and i have them because i have save a lot of money...

now..someone help me....is this worth it...this guy " my friend" is telling me just to do leaf springs in the front because it will be cheaper and easier....which i will need someone to do it because i dont know how to do it...and on the long run it will save me...2000$ or so....but i dont know if im going to end to happy about it...

please help..

my friend..."other friend which sounds more like a real friend" told me...to waste the same 5000$ but on a long term time..meaning hunting for my own axles and build them...

he told me i could get a 44/60 combo and i will be happier...save more money..and time....is this true?? from what vehicle will they come off..??

help..

Sounds to me that before you go into such expensive modifications that you should do alittle homework... granted it's not the most fun but thats alot of your hard earned money to be wasting without knowing exactly your route you want to take..... Learn from me(i didn't do all my homework):doh:.... use the search... find a bunch of articles and read up... know exactly what your getting yourself into first....OR dont I'm just a fool with a tool set and a spending problem...

as far as your friend(s) are concered leafs in the front is a option there is a really good write up on it around here somewhere. take a look at that...

So we have an assless 17 year old.....where have I heard that before...well tell us something about your intended use for the Jeep. DD, GG, WEW what are your uses?????????????????

Yea, we really need to know what you intend to use it for. If I were to spend my money aint no way in He** I would waste it on an AMC 20. But figure out what you want, a DD or something for mud or in the rocks.

What year XJ we talkin' about here? What size lift? Tires? Before you throw money at new/rebuilt axles, you need to determine whether or not it's really necessary. I've got 31s on 4" of lift which nets me about 7.5" from the earth to the bumper. That's plenty to get me where I wanna go, at least for now, and my D30 and 8.25 hold up to a LOT of abuse. So give us the details on your rig and we'll try to point you in the right direction. I did my homework for almost a year before deciding on a lift and tire package. It's alot of money and its replacing vital parts of your vehicle. You want to make sure you do it once and do it right.

Back