• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hell must of frozen over

did i miss the advanced fabrication part of this post?

vintagespeed said:
did i miss the advanced fabrication part of this post?
nope, i think its comeing up in a few weeks, this part is the preabble to the advanced tech. :lecture:

I hope you're not going to drive that thing on the street!

Geez.

I think it's admirable to have the guts to tear something apart that was somewhat useful when you got it. I did the same thing with my first project and had the same ridicule flying at me for weeks. In the end though I had a rig that would take me anywhere I would point it, and never self destruct. I think your plans sound solid and you have a realistic vision of your goal. It's well worth the time and energy to build your own 4x4, even in the face of adversity. I think we're all rooting for you inside (some deeper down than others, I guess) so keep going and don't slow down...... Nobody will ever see the same potential in it that you see if you give up on it.

Hey guys no major progress just little stuff
I did get the factory seats out and started on the lebaron seat conversion
I also am working on getting a chevy 350 along with trans and t-case.
Also am going 2morrow to pick up some 1.75 dom tubing so should be pretty eventful next week

oh and i also got me a little compressor for christmas so now i can run some nice on board air(100% duty cycle baby)

Will post update mid next week

got the lebaron seat in man u gotta love pleather, started wiring quick connects front and rear for winch and jumper cables. will get pictures sonn. sry the trhead is o slow i just dont have time to get on here and post

I would use this project to learn how to weld. I dont think you could do any more damage to this XJ so have at it. I do not know a fabricator that does not know how to weld.

well i got good news and bad news

i started getting welding lessons

but its to cold out to work on the rig

i am trying to line up some time in my pops shop 2 work on it

very little progress bent rear fenders and couple other pieces

are you going to make those "spears" in the front into a missle launcher system?

If Yes...are you planning missle capibilities for the rear?

wow, i cant believe that you tore that jeep to shit... i definitly wanna see this thing put back together... the forum says "advanced fabrication and engineering" not "bootyfab"

This thread has probably been the most entertaining thread I have read since happening on this site. You go man.

Back