• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harbor freight hi lift

Can't speak for the jack but I needed a Coil Compressor and bought theirs. Looked pretty robust and nice setup. Used it this past weekend and while compressed the metal actually bent. I think if I had left it compressed it would have broke and that could have been a disaster.
mine failed, although it may have been from vanimal and mike raping it

I find the hi lift brand jacks need some modification to work smoothly and reliably. Also, I had to replace the handle on my hi lift after it broke. Ironically I used the handle from the harbor freight jack to fix it.
HEY!!!! you didn't complain when you used mine in the middle of nowhere after zukikiller got you!!!!!!:laugh2: jk!

Jacks KILL.I found if i don't drive mine on a trail it won't break or get a flat tire.If i get one at the MALL i just call AAA.

Have a NICE day.:)
HAHAHAAHAHAHAH That was to dang funny Scott!

Mine is outside and is just fine. I have a neopreme cover that keeps the moving parts protected. Spray liberally with lube and cover it up.

same here, i have only used it once, for el prez yeeperjuan! i keep it now for i have a 8.25 heh

Whenever I had to work on my TJ on the high lift, I always took a wheel off and tossed it under the axle. It's not much, but it could mean the difference between a ride home in the tow rig or a ride home in an ambulance.
my father taught me that habit. no matter what throw a wheel under JUST in case. i have had farm/floor/bottle jacks all fail at some point so its just smart to give yourself a little insurance.

farm jacks can be dangerous, but if used carefully they can be a great tool. yes, you have to be VERY carefull with them and never take your hand/eyes off the handle. As far as some of them breaking? that just suck's....bad... but i wouldn't blame farm jacks as a whole. IMHO they are very usefull.

Personally i run a Hi-lift, a bottle jack, and I used to keep a floor jack in the xj. i will do the floor jack again when i can afford a aluminum one that's light weight enough. I already run with to much weight in the xj because i wheel by myself all the time and need to be able to make it back. sadly, I have spare parts for my spare parts lolololol

Back