• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GWNF Run Anyone?

Old guy magoo here,Nick I will go to Paragon whenever you want.Let me know.We need three vehicles to go by ourself I think.This weekend is no good,Neroc at Paragon and I am picking up a 1987 2 door XJ project,wait till you see this!!!

Ill be up for going to Paragon with you guys but unless i win the lottery anytime soon my jeep be doing nothing but truckpulls and anything i can climb up or down around the farm. So when i break i can just walk back and have a beer. Mitch i have to check out that new used 87 and check out your secret axles :wink: Keep me posted

PeterBuilt

And what, pray tell, do you mean by that wise-ass remark? Punk kids, who needs 'em!

:wink:

Is the first weekend in November the final date?I think I can do that.We gotta do a Paragon run before that...Nick when is good for you?Pete,the 87 is coming along nice.We cut the axle's out and I have gotten some other parts I will need.I am bidding on some TSL's on e-bay.Spring time is my goal.

GWNF

Magoo, I am in Bound Broook. I have been wondering if there are many XJers around...Where are you and let's hook up for a cup of coffee....

XJBroke, Petebuilt and I are from Montgomery about 15 minutes from Bound Brook, right outside of Princeton. Mitch, I'm not sure about exact dates I'm good to go to paragon, but I will let you know as soon as I find out. Anyone going to Neuroc, or ERocC, or whatever it's called this weekend at paragon. I may be going up with my brother and one of his friends on Saturday. So, if anyone is going, let me know and we can meet up. And Gary, I don't want to hang out with old guys that don't act like kids either. _nicko_

i would really like to come to meet y'all up in GWNF....its only a 2.5 hour drive from tech straight up 81.

the only catch is....BIG DOGS is the weekend of 20-22 and we are driving to winchester for that....dont know if two weekends up 81 is gonna happen! not a fun drive!!

if the dates change, let me know!!

em

Hey all, I could prolly make any weekend except the weekend of the 20th of Sept. Emily, you wanna caravan? I'd be up for a day trip or the whole weekend either way. Keep us posted. Peace

Ary

Did this fall through the cracks?? I'd be interested in going towards the end of October if anyone else is game. My jeep will be in pieces every weekend until then :mrgreen: . Peace

Ary

Hey guys

Im new to this about to send in my membership application, i've been talking to Skorpyo for a while.

For all of you guys in the blacksburg area i am up in Roanoke so we can all caravan up there.

What trails are we looking at down there?? I've been through dictum's w/ my buddies rover

my email is [email protected]

GWNF Run?

Hey everybody, sounds like a trip is being planned for sometime (Oct/Nov) for the GWNF. I'm in Richmond and a newbie, but would love to meet up with some people and check out the trails. I'll be keeping an eye on this board to see what date is decided. If anyone can get me directions to the meeting spot, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Here are the proposed final dates for this ride. November 2nd & 3rd. I'm hoping that by then I'll have my XJ lifted and ready to roll, but if not I'll be there riding shotgun or back seat with someone. Lets start to get a count of who's comin and who's not! Thanks all

I'm still interested and that weekend is clear for me. I hope I can join everybody.

Im definitly down!

What trials are we going to run?? i don't think BB XJ can run dictum's? The only parts of GWNF i've driven w/ my jeep are across the river, i've been through dictums in my buddies rover

I think a good meeting place is that gas station right off the exit of I-81

I just want to know what i can runw / my setup, 2 in BB, X-fer case (thanks Skorpyo) and a gast tank skid, 235 A/t's , front and rear tow points

David

I've got a 3" lift and I'm running 31's. I don't have any under body protection (yet) and I am lacking front tow points (may be able to get some on before Nov. 2). I have not tested out my truck, the lift is only a few weeks old. I don't know anything about the trails out there, and from the pictures that I have seen, I should wait until I have some under body protection before attempting those trails. Are there any novice trails? Bunny slopes for newbies? Any excuse to do some camping is fine by me, and meeting some people who are into this would be good too.

There are definlty traisl for us man!! its basically liek you go down Rt.33 on the left and right there are just trails and you can just go for miles on some of them!

Its tight, some of it is technical (dictums and another one) i have heard of peple winching in stacking rocks (Boooo!)

But there is definitly stuff we are capable of!

david

In addition is anyone going to be coming from south of harrisonburg??

I woudln't mind caravanning up there!

David

I assume that there will be some camping going on? Where are the campsites? Any idea on how much $ or is it backcountry/primitive camping? Where does everyone meet?

This trip is too far off, but my calendar is too packed prior to that weekend. I'm itching to try out my ride. I need to get some mud on the truck.

Back