• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gotta love the backroads...

Hydrolock

NAXJA Forum User
Sorta weird thing happened tonight.

On my way home from the gym I decided to take the long away home which is only an extra 2 miles.

So Im driving and there is a pick up on the side with its hazards on I pass by it and dont make anything of it.

Right past the truck was a red light so I stop it turns green within seconds and the car in front is trying to make a left and cant (too many cars coming). So the recently passed pick up blows by me and the car. The car finally turns and I continue down the road.

I see the pick up ahead of me swerving and hitting a garbage bags on the side of the road. I kept my distance about 100ft back.

He pulls over again and stops I pull by not going fast at all and HE pulls back onto the road and starts flashing and honking and screaming. I tap the brakes just telling him ok back off, he doesnt. I then used my make shift trailer lights and give em a quick flash and he just keeps following.

Under the assumption he was drunk or an idiot. I make a quick right to throw him off. He followed I took the backroads back to main streets and called my friends to get outside and wait for me Im being followed. So I drove the entire way there doing the speed limit calm with a jackass behind me. got to my friends house they stopped him I got out with one of my knives in my pocket. HE sped up next to me and started screaming at me.

About tailgating, flashing my brights, honking. I interrupted him by saying "Sir" and he lost it agin "Dont you effing Sir me" at that word two of the three people who were helping me waled up next to me (one with a very nice axe) He stopped for a second an I said " was going to apologize for whatever I did to you. Just you would let me get a word in edge wise, So if you could inform me of what I did that would be great." " I know your truck my niece knows your truck, Dont do that again" I turned to him "I still dont know what I did so could you tell me, IF i recall you were cursing screaming flashing your brights and honking at me." he just continued screaming "I have a 17 year old like you at home I dont mind kicking his ass once in a while I wont mind kicking yours"

My friend with the axe stepped up and just looked at him and said "Yea you will" I corrected him and Told him I was 18 and that I dont give a shit about his home life just to tell me what I did wrong and Ill gladly never do it again.

He continued cursing and yelling till me friend's Dad walked out and he booked it out of there.

I think out of that I learned one thing....Dont take the back roads, unless its daylight.

anyone want to share a rondom story?

Jordan

wow. props for being the better person and not backhanding that a-hole.
good job and well handled.
i woulda done the same probably

Sometimes you got to just talk your way out of things, and sometimes morons need to get smacked.
Better man than me. Good for you.

I watched as couple buddies of mine flipped their cars off a cliff on some back roads once. That night wasn't too fun.

Truth is stranger than fiction. I park the Jeep and take a walk down a seldom used dirt road next to a pond. I have my 3 year old granddaughter and dog with me. It was a stroll and I was working (I was on duty and in uniform), the pond is one of my responsibilities. Guy comes driving down the road, it is signed as limited access, splashes me and pulls up right behind my granddaughter. He then proceeds to push her out of the way with his right front fender, then drives over her feet with the right front tire. I go off like a rocket ship, kick in the the back hatch of his Golf, hoping he will stop before he drives over her with the rear tire also. I snatch her up and he drives off, I contemplated putting a bullet through his rear window as he drove off.
After a trip to the hospital (thankfully nothing broken, only sprains and bruises) and returning home to explain to my wife what happened, he drives up with his wife. Him and his wife are sitting on our coach, drinking our coffee and he informs me that I'm going to have to pay for his rear hatch. I honestly thought he showed up to avoid a hit and run charge, my mouth falls open. I say no problem and he can pay for the medical bills. He says my insurance can pay for the medical bills. I ask him why he pushed my granddaughter with his car and then drove over her feet , he says because she wouldn't get out of the way. His wife looked at him like he smelled like poop and I broke his nose. He got off easy, from the look on my wifes face he was about to loose his life.
I ended up being charged with simple assault. He ended up with enough fines and lawyer costs to buy a few Golfs. From what I heard, this guys arrogance knew no bounds, the judge took a thorough disliking to him and he barely avoided some jail time.

Last edited:
That's a bunch of crap man, he should have done time! what if he had really hurt your daughter?

Speaking of douchebags, I was leaving my house to go to walmart and right when I pulled out of my driveway I look in my mirror to see my rear window filled with chevy grille. There was this lifted red chevy truck RIDING MY BUTT like it was covered in money. He didn't let off when I got up to speed, and I know I didn't cut him off when I left my driveway. Once I got to the main highway that leads into town, he ran the stop sign and continued to stay right on me. I could see the bugs on his grille. So A mile down the road, i was doing 70 in a 65 and he was still right on me so I double tapped the brake lights to fire a warning shot. The XXXXXXXX flips me off and tries to pass me on the right just so he can flip me off some more and cuss at me. He accidentally found himself in the turn off and almost creamed a few road signs so I laughed and kept going. Why do people have to be such jerks? Whatever happened to live and let live? If it was another XJ, the guy probably would have flagged me down so we could have a beer about it and apologize LOL

I asked this girl out at work and she was going through a divorce. She had told a co-worker that she had filed for a restraining order against him because she feared him being violent. Well, after I asked her out and got her number, that night someone followed me from the parking lot of where I work for over 2.5 miles back past my house over by the Tech College. I proceeded to go around a really sharp corner and go back the opposite direction (180* on a parallel road) and turn off my lights. He was following me for some reason, but kept on going as he didn't know where I went when I went around the corner and turned off my lights.

Another time, I was driving back from downtown and come up to a stoplight. I stop and this Corvette wants to be in the "right hand" turn lane to take a right (one lane on a two way road). I was filling it up and he was being a jackass trying to get around me, so instead of turning right, he kept following me. Anyways, I didn't allow him in and he proceeded to follow me and then passed me on a residential road. Except for there was someone in front of me too, so he had to speed a whole lot.

He turned off a little ways from my house and I kept going to my house thinking everything was in the clear. Well, after I got parked in my garage and was walking in, he drove by my house! Luckily the door on the garage was shut and he couldn't see me easily. Freakin creeps!

That's all I can remember for the moment.

A few years ago when I was working at a gas station a women came in asking to use the rest room. Well this building was built in the 50's and was before the law came about having to have a public bathroom and our only rest room was behind the drink cooler and due to people stealing drinks when I would be nice and let them go back there I just wouldn't let anymore go. So this women proclaimed that she had to crap and said if I didn't let her use the bathroom she would crap all over the floor. Sure enough she went to the back of the store and pulled her pants down and proceeded to use the bathroom on my floor. My co worker and I were in total shock and when she finished she walked like nothing happened. So I told my co worker to call the cops and I followed her. The cops and I couldn't stop laughing when they were filling out the police report.

I had never been so thankful for floor drains in my life.

I live out in the middle of no where. I know the back roads pretty well and I live out here because I have a bad temper and would rather avoid confrontations because the other party usually gets hurt and I get into trouble then. Anyways I'm outside going for a walk with my dog's and my 7 year old daughter. This pick up with 3 young guys flies down the road and throws a beer can at one of my dog's and actually causes a cut on her head. I take them all home as the guy's drive away and sew up the cut. I see them drive down a dead end road on my way back. I grab my old garden hose and about 25 16d nails. I left a special surprise for them on their way out. Needless to say I seen all 3 of them walking out that evening while I went to town to get dinner. That night I walked down to see 4 flat tires on a pick up truck that flew by me that evening. I did pick up my surprise and made it disappear into the garbage. I hope they sobered up on their 12 mile walk back to town. lol

I used to have a Subaru station wagon.

On my way home one day, I changed lanes to pass a slow car in front of me. At the same time, the right lane came to a stop. So I ended up getting kinda close to the car in front of me; but was in no way dangerous.

The lady (older and disabled) figured I was trying to tail gate her. As I got back in left lane, she was yelling and flipped me the bird; so I started laughing. How cute, a mad old lady.

Well, she floored it and zoomed up and got in front of me and slammed her brakes. So I just drive around her. As I get up next to her, she swerving into my lane taunting me or something. Surprisingly, I wasn't even very mad at this point.

As I turned to go on the road to my house, she changed lanes to follow me. At this point, I basically lost it. I did this crazy u-turn in a parking lot and pulled up behind her. At the next stop sign, I pulled up next to her and basically told her I'd kill her next time she did that.

It scared the shit out of my girlfriend.

Back when I was a kid(long time ago) We were draggin main(hopefully they still use the term) and me and two freinds wanted to see if we could hold our breath from one light to the next. So all three of us took a big breath in and were holding it in. We looked like 3 chipmunks full of nuts with our cheeks ballooned. about 1/2 way to the next light we passed a car full of very large girls and we both seemed to look over at each other at the same time. They took offense thinking that we were making fun of them with our cheeks bloated like they were, and started yelling and flipping us off. They looked pissed and ready to fight us! So us not wanting to deal with a car load of very large girls called it a night and we went home.

Nothing so confrontational, but...

I was riding shotgun with an old roomie in his '01 S4. We were coming down the hill from Evergreen to Morrison (CO) from another friends house. Nice day + twisty road - traffic + Audi S4 = spirited driving.
A short way into the ride, Rommie was like "WTF, check out the crazy mountain hermit"! I tuned around, and sure enough, some dude looking like Grizzly Adams on meth is right on us. Close enough for me to see his crazy azz hair and beard flying around, and his raggedy, sleeveless flanel shirt. 'Crazy mountain hermit' fit pretty well. Roomie is a really good driver (SCCA and a couple other racing licenses and plenty of hot shoe time) and the S shoulda put that guy way back in the rear view. Problem was that Mountain Hermit was CRAZY. Driving a rusted out, early '80s Malibu with bald tires (confirmed @ bottom of road) and REALLY soft/worn out suspension. He was right with us the whole way down, with Roomie driving as hard as he dared on that particular road. It's a very popular route for bicycles and motorcycles, so a little restraint was in order. We could hear Mountain Hermit's tires squealing @ every turn. Don't know how he kept from going over the cliffs. He never gestured to us in any way, and just went about his business once we got to the bottom.

Sorta weird thing happened tonight.

On my way home from the gym I decided to take the long away home which is only an extra 2 miles.

So Im driving and there is a pick up on the side with its hazards on I pass by it and dont make anything of it.

Right past the truck was a red light so I stop it turns green within seconds and the car in front is trying to make a left and cant (too many cars coming). So the recently passed pick up blows by me and the car. The car finally turns and I continue down the road.

I see the pick up ahead of me swerving and hitting a garbage bags on the side of the road. I kept my distance about 100ft back.

He pulls over again and stops I pull by not going fast at all and HE pulls back onto the road and starts flashing and honking and screaming. I tap the brakes just telling him ok back off, he doesnt. I then used my make shift trailer lights and give em a quick flash and he just keeps following.

Under the assumption he was drunk or an idiot. I make a quick right to throw him off. He followed I took the backroads back to main streets and called my friends to get outside and wait for me Im being followed. So I drove the entire way there doing the speed limit calm with a jackass behind me. got to my friends house they stopped him I got out with one of my knives in my pocket. HE sped up next to me and started screaming at me.

About tailgating, flashing my brights, honking. I interrupted him by saying "Sir" and he lost it agin "Dont you effing Sir me" at that word two of the three people who were helping me waled up next to me (one with a very nice axe) He stopped for a second an I said " was going to apologize for whatever I did to you. Just you would let me get a word in edge wise, So if you could inform me of what I did that would be great." " I know your truck my niece knows your truck, Dont do that again" I turned to him "I still dont know what I did so could you tell me, IF i recall you were cursing screaming flashing your brights and honking at me." he just continued screaming "I have a 17 year old like you at home I dont mind kicking his ass once in a while I wont mind kicking yours"

My friend with the axe stepped up and just looked at him and said "Yea you will" I corrected him and Told him I was 18 and that I dont give a shit about his home life just to tell me what I did wrong and Ill gladly never do it again.

He continued cursing and yelling till me friend's Dad walked out and he booked it out of there.

I think out of that I learned one thing....Dont take the back roads, unless its daylight.

anyone want to share a rondom story?

Jordan
Did you think to call the police and report a case of road rage and possible DUI?

I lead a very normal life. No chase stories for me.

Eh, nothing that shows me as innocent like the stories above, but two friends and I were driving through the city of Syracuse. We approached a stop sign and my buddy in the back seat says "watch this?". He rolls down the window and yells " THAT'S A HUUUUGGEEE BITCH!" and then i look over and see this large woman looking at me while she was getting ice from an outside cooler. She jumps in her ford explorer coming after me, so I took off. Now I'm being chased by some crazy bitch, awesome. It was funny, but I had to drive insane to get away from this woman, she was running stops, and got right up behind me but i took a quick right and she didn't make the turn. I thought she was gone, but as I went down the other side of the hill she was there waiting for me, so up the hill in reverse i went, turned around really quick in a driveway and then hauled balls away from her again. No joke, i'm kind of scared at this point. I ended up pulling into a shopping center, on the side of an Advance Auto and she was putting around the parking lot looking for me,but then i pulled out really quick and got away. My friends an idiot, but the bitch was crazy too.

Every time I see a pair of headlights disapear under my rear window when I'm doin 40 on the back roads and feel like downshifting to make them think about how big of a scratch my bumper will leave on their hood, their red and blue's come on. That gives me a good chance to ask the officer why he was tailgating me. They don't find it as funny as I do.

Kinda a related story.
I was driving home from school one day and the road I was on did not have a stop sign at the upcoming intersection. I saw a Ford Excursion with tinted windows stopped at the sign. I then saw a motorcycle zip right allong side of it and going up to the stop sign so I started to slow down a little. The Excursion was between me and the motorcycle. Appearantly the bike rider didn't see that I was coming and I must have scared the crap out of him.
I kept on driving down the next straight away and didn't see him, looked up a few seconds later and there he was. Right on my bumper weaving back and forth making strange motions with one hand. It took alot of restraint not to hit the rear wiper button because the hose was not attached. I was running through the list of people I know who ride bikes and I couldn't place the bike as belonging to anybody I knew. I had just done a 8.8 swap and thought that maybe he saw a loose part. At the next stop sign I stuck my head out the window to see what he wanted.
Sure enough, what do I see, a dark red honda cruiser and the rider is an off duty cop who begins to yell at me for driving fast and irratically. I was about to call him "super citizen" before i saw the badge. I just said a quick appology and drove off.
If I brake checked him I think this would have happened
244bm5.gif

Ok first off look at my Jeep parked in front of my townhouse to get an idea of how our parking is set-up
SD530514.jpg

Ok so one night my GF and I are coming home from a BBQ in late July. We pull in and notice all the visitor parking spots are full and remember one of our neighbors sons birthdays was that day, and they were having a huge party. Sure enough when we pull up to my parking spot there is a 1/2 ton Chevy parked in it. At first I was pissed off but then realized it was no big deal we had been gone all day long, and would have probably done the same thing. So anyways I park my Jeep perpendicular behined the truck so that when the owner left he would have to come find me to leave and hopefully learn not to do it again. Anyways about 4 hours later around 11pm my buddy and I are watching tv and I hear some tires sqeauling and a truck revving. As soon as I heard it I knew what was up. I go outside and find the idiot throwing it into Reverse and almost hitting my Jeep and then hitting drive hoping the curb and in turn almost hit my fence. He does that 3 or 4 times as I am walking out there. He rolls down his window, and I calmly asked him if he wanted me to just move the jeep so he could leave. He replied with " yes I would appreciate it" So I started to walk away from him and he follows up with " and I would also appreciate it if you never parked behined me again. So I replied with " I would appreciate if you didnt park in my parking spot and I pay for and use the visitor spots like a normal person. He said well I dont care and all the spots were full. I told him I would gladly let him park there again if he paid half my rent. His excuse was it was a long day and he just wanted to get home. Since I was about to the point of knocking him out through his window i jumped in the jeep and peeled out to let him out( never been able to burn rubber other than that night.) he does the same fish tales out of the parking lot and hits the curb and takes off. A second later his friend (my neighbor) comes out of his place and says I hope my friend was an a$$hole to you. I replied with no he wasnt he was a F##king a$$hole. He got pissed called him up and B*tched him out about it and I have yet to see that guy since. sorry for the book but it pissed my off royally!:geek:

Back