• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gotta love the backroads...

Ok first off look at my Jeep parked in front of my townhouse to get an idea of how our parking is set-up
SD530514.jpg

Ok so one night my GF and I are coming home from a BBQ in late July. We pull in and notice all the visitor parking spots are full and remember one of our neighbors sons birthdays was that day, and they were having a huge party. Sure enough when we pull up to my parking spot there is a 1/2 ton Chevy parked in it. At first I was pissed off but then realized it was no big deal we had been gone all day long, and would have probably done the same thing. So anyways I park my Jeep perpendicular behined the truck so that when the owner left he would have to come find me to leave and hopefully learn not to do it again. Anyways about 4 hours later around 11pm my buddy and I are watching tv and I hear some tires sqeauling and a truck revving. As soon as I heard it I knew what was up. I go outside and find the idiot throwing it into Reverse and almost hitting my Jeep and then hitting drive hoping the curb and in turn almost hit my fence. He does that 3 or 4 times as I am walking out there. He rolls down his window, and I calmly asked him if he wanted me to just move the jeep so he could leave. He replied with " yes I would appreciate it" So I started to walk away from him and he follows up with " and I would also appreciate it if you never parked behined me again. So I replied with " I would appreciate if you didnt park in my parking spot and I pay for and use the visitor spots like a normal person. He said well I dont care and all the spots were full. I told him I would gladly let him park there again if he paid half my rent. His excuse was it was a long day and he just wanted to get home. Since I was about to the point of knocking him out through his window i jumped in the jeep and peeled out to let him out( never been able to burn rubber other than that night.) he does the same fish tales out of the parking lot and hits the curb and takes off. A second later his friend (my neighbor) comes out of his place and says I hope my friend was an a$$hole to you. I replied with no he wasnt he was a F##king a$$hole. He got pissed called him up and B*tched him out about it and I have yet to see that guy since. sorry for the book but it pissed my off royally!:geek:
Good story, but what does that have to do with back roads?

No back roads in this one, but in 2000 I was driving my rusty black '85 Lebaron Turbo home from work during the rush period around here and had this jack@$$ in a then new Buick Century tailgating me. Speed limit on that road is 50mph, but I was lucky to get up to 45mph because of traffic (still no different now either.) When I got up to the next main cross road I turned right to head south and he was heading in the same direction. I took off as soon as cross traffic would allow, got into the turbo and got up to 50mph (5 over) pretty quick and stayed there. The knucklehead pulled up along side of me once I let off the gas and when I realized he'd pulled up along side of me I looked over at him. Next thing I know, he suddenly drops back several car lengths for what appeared to be no reason. Only thing I could think of was that between being overweight, having longish hair, a full beard, wearing dark clothing (I may have been wearing a black leather jacket at the time too, just can't remember for sure), and that Lebaron looked like it was every second of 15 years old he may have thought that screwing with me may not have been good for his health:dunno:

Bah,

::insert crazy guy in a big white chevy story that just got cleared when I tried to post it here::

maybe I will fix later. :banghead:

Driving home from a nasty long PIA day at work. The Interstate is solid stopped dead. So I bail onto the secondary and make decent time. As I get to the river the draw bridge goes up so like every one else we stack up and get ready for a ten minute wait. While I am adjusting the radio I notice that the guy in the full size truck in front of me is yelling and pointing into his mirror. I look around to see what he is so excited about but nothing looks out of the ordinary. Then his truck creeps forward a full car length. I was amazed as there wasn't a car in the stack that had more than 3 feet between them. So I creep forward about half the distance leaving 6 or more feet between us. That truly set him off he rolls down his window and starts yelling totally unintelligible rants and turns to his mirror and pointing and yelling into his mirror. Then he opens his door and leans out looking back. He then leans back and closes his door and starts yelling again. After a minute or so of this he jumps out of his truck and stalks back and drops his tailgate. He stands at the corner of his truck making distance motions and yelling but not actually looking at me. He then stalks back up and gets in his rig and rolls forward another half car length. The bastard had more than two car lengths in front of him while we were sitting waiting for a bridge to open and close! At that point I saw that the bridge was closing and the guy in the lane next to me was looking at me and then at the truck guy with wide eyes and motioning me to roll down my window. I rolled it down and he said "I called him in for drunk driving. There's an officer waiting for him on the other side of the bridge." He did that with out looking at me... guess he didn't want to let the truck guy know who had called. So as traffic started moving I skootched up to about three feet of the guys tailgate :rolleyes: and honked my horn. His door flew open and he came barreling out. I pulled into the next lane and drove by smiling and waving at him as I went. He almost caught up to me at the far side of the bridge since I was doing two miles per hour below the speed limit and he was just giving the officer more reason to have a talk with him. That lighted roof rack was real pretty as I drove by and that truck sat where it was pulled over at for three days after that. My wife was wondering why I was so happy when I got home.

That reminds me of an incident over the summer. Its nothing insane or crazy like these but here goes. I pulled up to a spotlight behind a protege or camry or something. The light was red so i waited until it turned green and the guy didn't go. So i tooted the horn briefly. The guy turns around and throws his arms up at me like he wanted to fight or something. So i pointed to the light and he started to go, I drove past him and he gave me a stupid look so i flipped the bird and drove off. Apparently the guy had a bad day!:dunno:

Back