• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest?

I would also be interested in splitting an RV. I was going to look into prices if no one else is currently.

Those interested:
Nimrod
djblade311
Faultyline
Wazzuxj +1

For those interested, let me know exactly how many in your group.

I'd be interested in something like this. Only issue is getting my Jeep out there. We'd have to flat tow it behind the camper, and when Avery looked up that info, most places limited towing to 2600 pounds or less.

I have the same issue, except even worse, no camper or full size to tow the XJ with.

Unless someone wants to tow my XJ up there and back and I'll drive their rig, I'll take care of the gas for both of our Jeeps and craft beers all weekend.

I'd hoped to find an RV for rent from a private party, with the thought that an individual would be less likely to have formal "rules" about towing. Unfortunately, after spending a lot of time on line, I struck out completely.

I found a rental place in Burbank, which is very convenient for me and FaultyLine. So I went by there and looked at some of their offerings. The one that most appeals to me is a very clean class C Winnebego View with a Diesel engine. It has three bunks, so it'd be good for three guys. It rents for $160 per night, plus a $99 "preparation fee." Sixty miles per day is included in the rental price, and they charge 38 cents for every mile over that. From Burbank to JV and back should be about 260 miles, so the excess mileage should come to around $30.40, conservatively, and the grand total for Friday through Monday should run right around $609.40. Plus, of course, whatever fuel we use. Figure, probably around $230-240 per person if we do a three-way split.

The problem is that towing is limited to 2000 pounds, and the rig has no trailer brake assist. If my name's going on the contract, I'm not going to violate that. So we're back to needing another driver to drive the RV. Or to drive my XJ.

Here's a thought: can one XJ flat tow another XJ? I suspect not, but figured I'd throw it out there for discussion.

I flat towed an xj with an xj from Portland to LA. Not adviseable, sketchy all the time and if anything bad happens...it's gonna be REALLY bad.

I really don't know much anything about towing - but I recall someone saying that it's generally inadvisable to tow a vehicle that weighs the same as the vehicle doing the towing. Also... XJ brakes are terrible, I can't imaging trying to stop TWO vehicles with one set of disk brakes.

Sideways - are you flat towing your Jeep out?

I have the same issue, except even worse, no camper or full size to tow the XJ with.

Unless someone wants to tow my XJ up there and back and I'll drive their rig, I'll take care of the gas for both of our Jeeps and craft beers all weekend.

Why not take your nice new comfy Jeep and borrow someone else's to wreck... I mean drive on the trails?

It sounds like Filthy Phil is headed down, and I'm headed up.

See ya'll Friday evening. :gee:

:wave:

Looks like I could make some money this weekend

Back