• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest?

Johnson Valley weekend before Thanksgiving. I have camp coordinates somewhere, nudge me on FB, or Pm me here (or text me).

This is not an official event, it is just a random gathering of friends that seems to happen every year. But there will usually be three or four different runs that take off Saturday morning, of various levels

Thanks Carol. I'll send you a message on FB.

There is no need for coordinates. Just go to Google Maps and put in 'king of the hammers, Johnson Valley' and it'll take you directions right too the location. It is an empty Dry Lake Bed so just look for the crowd of XJs.......

There is no need for coordinates. Just go to Google Maps and put in 'king of the hammers, Johnson Valley' and it'll take you directions right too the location. It is an empty Dry Lake Bed so just look for the crowd of XJs.......

Well I know how to get to the lake bed. If that's all I need to know then what time will everyone be arriving Friday?

Would anybody have any interest in sharing the cost of a camper or class c motor home rental for Goatfest? Something modest in size and cost. The kicker is, you'd have to drive it because I'll be driving my XJ. I know it's a long shot, but thought I'd throw it out there. If there's a repeat of last year's sand storm, it'd be nice to have somewhere semi comfortable to hang out.

I'm screwed. Just got orders to go to Newport Rhode Island the week before and week after.

John

Would anybody have any interest in sharing the cost of a camper or class c motor home rental for Goatfest? Something modest in size and cost. The kicker is, you'd have to drive it because I'll be driving my XJ. I know it's a long shot, but thought I'd throw it out there. If there's a repeat of last year's sand storm, it'd be nice to have somewhere semi comfortable to hang out.

Al, in a heartbeat, I'd split one with you, but unfortunately, I can't make it this year. Cooking Spiedies last year in the wind was, um, a bit gritty, to say the least. Might have been best to have missed them last year.

Tents and JV don't seem to be a good mix.

David Bricker / SYR

If anyone is interested in some SFR products (like say motor mounts) I will be there and will bring stuff out so you don't have to pay for shipping. Special event pricing too. Thanks to the BLM I can't actually sell out there, but if you contact me ahead of time we can arrange lakebed delivery ;)

I'd be interested in something like this. Only issue is getting my Jeep out there. We'd have to flat tow it behind the camper, and when Avery looked up that info, most places limited towing to 2600 pounds or less.

I'd be interested in something like this. Only issue is getting my Jeep out there. We'd have to flat tow it behind the camper, and when Avery looked up that info, most places limited towing to 2600 pounds or less.

41XJ6ZXFWYL.jpg

I'm sure we can make that happen. :gee:

First, don't tell them, they'll never know.Second, in CA you'll need a brake buddy.This will help you stop anyways when towing.

Damn! I don't have a break buddy...

I'm on the road right now, about 3 hours from home. I'll be in touch soon and we'll see what we can work out.

First, don't tell them, they'll never know.Second, in CA you'll need a brake buddy.This will help you stop anyways when towing.

I've flat towed about 10k miles in ca. Never had a brake buddy or anything else. I've also been pulled over while flat towing at 85mph in CA. They didn't even look at my rig.

Just make sure the brakes in the motorhome are good.

I've flat towed about 10k miles in ca. Never had a brake buddy or anything else. I've also been pulled over while flat towing at 85mph in CA. They didn't even look at my rig.

Just make sure the brakes in the motorhome are good.

This is true, BUT if you get hit by some a-hole you'll be the one getting in trouble. The law has been on the books for what a couple of years.Rental and flat towing is just looking for trouble. I've driving Motor homes for a long time an i was warned about by a friend. Being he is a CHP, i'll take his word for being in the wrong if i was in a accident.

Not trying to cause trouble. Now back to Goatfest.

Dallas, I'm in for a set of motor mounts. The softer the better. I'm tired of replacing oems.

I might be interested in splitting rv costs depending on how much. Pm me details

Back