• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Get stiff!

The frame itself is galvanized, so no worries of rust there. I doubt enough water could get behind the stiffeners to cause much of a problem, and a couple good coats of paint will seal most of it off.

Nice stiffeners.

Is there a naxja member discount? I like how it comes with holes for rosets allready cut.

I did mine a few years back with angle and the rust issue has always bothered me in the back of my mind, but I live in AZ and it hasn't been an issue yet. I see surface rust here and there sometimes, but that's it. I figure welding to the frame probably burns off whatever coating it had on the inside as well so it is then vulnerable to rust. I spray painted inside the frame where possible, very sloppily, by sticking the spray paint head in through a hole and spraying what I could. It's still preferable to not having the extra steel though. Rides and handles better with the extra steel, and I don't have to worry about hitting the frame on rocks now.

Goatman said:
The frame itself is galvanized, so no worries of rust there.
Nice stiffeners.

But galvanization is just a coating, so once you grind away to weld the stiffeners its moot. I agree though, I am just going to re-coat mine with underbody coating and that should seal it up well enough. I had frame stiffeners on my Tacoma and the underbody coating did a good job of keep the rust at bay between the frame and stiffeners.

~James

buzzbombxj said:
Is there a naxja member discount? I like how it comes with holes for rosets allready cut.

Sorry no, we sell our products at the lowest price acceptable to us. We don't just mark everything up and give everyone a discount.

Nice!!! If only they were around two years ago when I had to fab. mine.

I think the drain holes are important.

When I wash mine off after a wheeling trip, I always run water thru. the frame theres alot of mud and crap that drains from the holes.

Nick

From where does the frame stiffener begin and end?
I have a 2Door XJ and I need the frame reinforced in the rear end

I can hardley wait to get stiff, I plan on spaying mine with auto rust inhibitor (capillary action) and fogging the inside of the rails.

I installed "the other guys" weld-on frame stiffeners last weekend.

I have a very strong appriciation for your design. ;)

-Cal

Twicepardoned said:
From where does the frame stiffener begin and end?
I have a 2Door XJ and I need the frame reinforced in the rear end
They start at teh front lca mount and go all the ay back to the front leaf spring mount.

I am committed now. Ordered the stiffeners, now I have to add the cage!!!!

John

nosigma said:
I am committed now. Ordered the stiffeners, now I have to add the cage!!!!

John
Haha! Thats the way to think!
Secshunate said:
These look nice....I can't see an email addy on the website. Is the price listed for one side only or for each pair?
One pair, good enough for one XJ.

Damn Brianho13 you will just have to take my money again!!!!! Love your shackle boxes and im sure Ill love these frame stiffeners. Just got to wait for the $ and youll see another order from me.

Shipping weight is 20.1 Lbs.

And yes these are sold as sets.

thanks for the questions and orders, keep them coming.

Back