• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gen Right off road XJ tank.

I like it but the skid is a box. Making it easier to smack the leading and trailing edges, sloping them at 30-45 degrees front and back would fix. Maximize the useable space under there 18 gallons extra3-4 inches of clearance. Anybody know the dimensions of the stock 13 gallon tank it only came with the 4 banger.

purplexj said:
I already have a 30gal that actually holds about 32gal. I did it because I only had a 13.5 gal tank. They hang down low but yours would have been much better. I would have bought it. Now if someone would make a bigger tank for an swb MJ....

LOL... swb MJ is another one I've got that is supposed to be prototyped. The proto is probably 3 months out... so production... who knows, I'm not in the business, but I wouldn't expect it sooner than 6 months from now.

Rasty1 said:
Nice looking tank!!
My feedback is you will need to get the cost way down to sell it. The extra capacity is no big deal when you can add 5.5 gallons to the capacity of your stock tank by simply adding a piece to the internal vent of the stock tank. See this site http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoFuelTank.htm

So my suggestion is make a tank that adds capacity, is tucked up nicely and has it's own skid plate built on it. Similiar to what Currie Enterprises did with their tank for the TJ. http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/currie-gallon-stainless-steel-tank-p-3886.html But at $1,449.95, it's no cheap date for 24 gallon capacity.

Other then that, the mod I suggested above for our stock tanks cost under a buck for 5.5 gallons more!

That is on the early (pre-95) XJ tank, correct? Seems simple enough, I just may give it a go. An extra five gallons is significant, especially for the cost of free to a couple bucks for the tube and a couple three hours of labor.

Thanks for the link.

Ok, so Tony (Owner of Gen-Right Off Road) said if we can get 10 pople to commit to buying one of these tanks then he will do a production run on them.

The Gen-Right XJ Tank would be 2" gain in ground clearance and 25 gallons. You will use your factory in tank pump and sending unit. It will also be 1/8" Aluminum Tig Welded Tank with a 3/16th steel skid plate.

If you ware instrested in this tank and would like to commit please give Gen-Right a call @ 805-584-8635

No chance of a 30 gallon?

My jeep can gives that extra five gals, i just order a bumper that holds a jeep can.. Sorry, but after you buy a skid plate your way up there in price..

Actually that is not as bad as I thought it might be. The Opposite Lock one that is talked about above, I got a price quote from them. $871 and that does not include shipping from Australia which is $$$.

Humm.... tempting...

Opps, I guess I didn't read all of the new posts since I last read it. This is not for a 30 gal tank, which is the only way I would be interested. Yep, I'll be passing. I wanted the extra capacity, not the extra clearance. Too bad, another idea that will never come to market. Oh well....

Last edited:
scottmcneal said:
Sorry, but after you buy a skid plate your way up there in price..
Based on other Gen-Right products, I'd assume that included the skid plate.

Seriously, this is a realy good deal. The quality of the product is of the highest caliber and I know I could use some extra capacity, not to mention the clearance. Step up guys, it's worth it.

This is a lot more complicated than an ARB front bumper...those cost $800.00. You get what you pay for.

-----Matt-----

Are the places you guys live not limiting the amount of gas you can pump at one time?

I can only buy $50 at a time here without swiping my card twice and that's with a 20 gal. tank ~ 12 gal.

I wanted one untill i saw the price tag. Instead of $800 for a new tank I think I will spend $10 on a 5 gallon gas can and the other $790 on hookers and booze!:confused1

The price is not an issue, the size of the tank is. It is not worth changing out my tank for 4 gallons.

DaJudge said:
The price is not an issue, the size of the tank is. It is not worth changing out my tank for 4 gallons.
I'm in that boat too.

DaJudge said:

Yep 100%

Back