• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear Ratios

thanks for all your comments Wobblesxj that was what i needed to know yeah the mechanics that i use are seriously into off road and in respect to them they probably have a concept they work with and expect every one is going to be the same, and while i enjoy of road driving i don't get into extreme of road so lockers will probably be lost on me (but having said that its more the cost of doing this stuff here in Australia that makes it hard to build a jeep on any sort of budget (read wife))

Definitly NO lockers if your going to be towing with it. Maybe a rear limited slip, but thats it. IIRC a factroy Trac lock will be able to reused with the new gears. I would have it reabuilt while its out though. However if you are wanting to add a limited slip I would chose a Detriot True Track.

Last edited:
Back