• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas cans

Take a look at the reviews on those cans.

Looks like a crap shoot and an expensive one at that. I have the standard 5 gallon blitz US Govt issue cans and even they leak. Not to mention the donkey dick also leaks when you pour in those blitz cans. My plain old 5 gallon plastic $19 lawn mower cans on the other hand don't leak even when pouring. I have a bunch of the steel blitz cans, I take them down to NJ, or did, when there was a .25-.50 cent price difference in gas, I'd fill them up and have enough gas for 2 weeks.

Since you're not in California get some NATO cans, they just plain DON'T leak. I carried one straped down horizontal on my roof rack and didn't spill a drop.

x2. I've gone from sea level to 10,000' with two of them in the cab, never smelt any fuel.

x2. I've gone from sea level to 10,000' with two of them in the cab, never smelt any fuel.

Good point.

Mine was from 30' to about 9,000' back to 30' with temperatures ranging from 80 degrees through down to about 25.

My neighbor uses the two gallon Roto Pax on his quad and it loves it. USA made too. http://www.rotopax.com/home.php

No idea on the Kolpin brand. I've use the plastic 2 gal Blitz cans and they never leak. The metal ones always do though. :dunno:

https://www.mainemilitary.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=107&idproduct=1281
jerrycan.jpg

are those the NATO cans you guys are talking about?

My neighbor uses the two gallon Roto Pax on his quad and it loves it. USA made too. http://www.rotopax.com/home.php

No idea on the Kolpin brand. I've use the plastic 2 gal Blitz cans and they never leak. The metal ones always do though. :dunno:

That 4 gallon rotopack looks nice, two or three of them flat on my surco rack would still allow me to use the rack. Only thing missing is some kind of cap that does not stick out that you could put a hose on, twist the nozzle and dump the gas right into the tank.

Rich, a 'super siphon" may work with that cannister.

I waited too long to order some Sceptor Milspec 20L cans and missed the boat, with the CARB compliancy reg's i'm wondering how long we will be able to buy these NATO cans.

with the CARB compliancy reg's i'm wondering how long we will be able to buy these NATO cans.

Get them now buddy, as you know we can't legally get them in California now and it sucks.

Got thing I have eight pre-ban gas cans (seven of which are NATO).!

Get them now buddy, as you know we can't legally get them in California now and it sucks.

Got thing I have eight pre-ban gas cans (seven of which are NATO).!

I hear ya, PA is on that list too.

Thats a good price on the NATO cans XCastleXJ posted but i'd prefer the Sceptor if i can locate a few reasonably. Need a GI to hook me up..

Another thing to remember folks is to stock up on nozzles too! Most places won't sell nozzles for my old cans to me.

Sucks really, there are these little 5L NATO cans that I'd LOVE to have for two stroke fuel but no dice on getting them to me.

You're only 7 hours away from their Canadian distributor....

From what i gather from reading elsewhere is they wont sell to civilians at all. You need to be military, and even then not just anyone active can purchase. Sounds like they do not want to risk their DoD contract.

I'd like some more water cans as well. Occasionally i see the fuel cannisters for sale, at twice their original price.

I have a bud in the biz who thinks he may have some in inventory, i gotta stop and pay him a visit.

Since you're not in California get some NATO cans

Even if you're IN California, get a NATO can. Pick one up next time you're out of state. I got mine in Las Vegas.

Another thing to remember folks is to stock up on nozzles too! Most places won't sell nozzles for my old cans to me.

Sucks really, there are these little 5L NATO cans that I'd LOVE to have for two stroke fuel but no dice on getting them to me.

I bought a couple of nozzles and extra seals from cheaperthandirt. They shipped them to me, no problem.

I've seen those smaller NATO cans too, which would be easier to carry. You could always have an out-of-state friend order them for you.

I've seen those smaller NATO cans too, which would be easier to carry. You could always have an out-of-state friend order them for you.

Yeah, but c'mon man, you know me. Like I have friends! :D

Back