• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

G2 d44's from 4WheelParts

my brother has bfg 35/1250/15 KM's on cragar soft 8s with weld on front bead lock and his are unbalanced and have no shake at all. i get the feeling those of you who run the bbs probly would be fine without them also

my brother has bfg 35/1250/15 KM's on cragar soft 8s with weld on front bead lock and his are unbalanced and have no shake at all. i get the feeling those of you who run the bbs probly would be fine without them also

just because he has no shake now doesnt mean they are balanced. especially with a beadlock. you know how hard it is to perfectly center a tire? also once you start wheeling a tire it starts to loose its shape and get out of balance even more out of balance. i run 12oz in 35"kms on 15x10 diy beadlocks not because i like the strange sound when i come to a stop but because i have to.

his tires are wheeled on... he bought the set with 90% tread. the forward edges are rounded over a bit from rocks and this is purely his toy so it generally gets off road every time its driven. and i get that usually tire balancing is necessary but i have seen on a few different occasions very worn down tires that didnt even need balanced and got no vibs. only reason i was doubting the bb's is because some people say it didnt work and some say it did. i researched qiute a bit on the bbs when i had my toyota that was on 37s with allied bead locks, i went through a thread of a guy who said it worked a while but the more his tires wore the more he started getting pretty bad vibes

Last edited:
the only reason people say they dont work is because either they dont have the correct amount in tire, they have worn/loose parts or their alignment is out. if you throw a wheel/tire with the proper amount of bb's/air soft pellets/dynabeads on a balancing machine it will read that its balanced.

just because he has no shake now doesnt mean they are balanced. especially with a beadlock. you know how hard it is to perfectly center a tire? also once you start wheeling a tire it starts to loose its shape and get out of balance even more out of balance. i run 12oz in 35"kms on 15x10 diy beadlocks not because i like the strange sound when i come to a stop but because i have to.
i dont believe he made that claim...

i personally have never tried the BB idea, so i cannot comment until i put a set of beadlocks onto a balancing machine both before and after the BBs myself.

i dont believe he made that claim...

i personally have never tried the BB idea, so i cannot comment until i put a set of beadlocks onto a balancing machine both before and after the BBs myself.

Well actually I put the BBs in my tires at school where we have a balancer, so I did try it and it said it wasn't balanced. The thing is when I start driving it takes a little speed before all the bbs get thrown out, so I think if the machine would spin it longer it would say balanced but I can't argue a perfectly smooth ride at all speeds! All I have is the hum from the mud terrains.

Also, with the tire not riding on the ground on a balancing machine, I doubt the BBs get enough vibration to really move around much, so they probably don't settle in the right spot anywhere nearly as quickly.

after.jpg

Figured out how to post a pic: This is the before and after on the rig with the RE lift.

That's a great looking Jeep! Are you considering bumpers/winch or any of that stuff? Also, just curious, as money doesn't seem to be a big issue. Did you consider getting a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and maybe a small lift?

Well your front high pinion dana 44 is done, geared, ARBed, and painted.

Now on to the rear. I did get the rear abs rings machined and pressed on the super bling 33 spline chromoly axles already and the backing plated drilled. So all the abs stuff is done. Just waiting for the 33 spline arb. Should be on their way to 4wheel parts by wed next week. The holiday killed the chance at this week. Sorry.

But ur getting SO MUCH MORE for less. The front will significantly stronger and the read also significanly strong. All with abs also.

Hope you enjoy it all

Robert

RWK HAUS SUPPLY

IMG-20101123-00016.jpg

That's a great looking Jeep! Are you considering bumpers/winch or any of that stuff? Also, just curious, as money doesn't seem to be a big issue. Did you consider getting a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and maybe a small lift?

Thanks. I am happy with it so far.

You bet! All that stuff is will come in time.

I was pretty set on an XJ. I like the way they look. The wheel base seemed ideal. The unlimited wheel base seems longer than an XJ.

Well your front high pinion dana 44 is done, geared, ARBed, and painted.

Now on to the rear. I did get the rear abs rings machined and pressed on the super bling 33 spline chromoly axles already and the backing plated drilled. So all the abs stuff is done. Just waiting for the 33 spline arb. Should be on their way to 4wheel parts by wed next week. The holiday killed the chance at this week. Sorry.

But ur getting SO MUCH MORE for less. The front will significantly stronger and the read also significanly strong. All with abs also.

Hope you enjoy it all

Robert

RWK HAUS SUPPLY

Robert,

Thanks for commenting on this thread. For those that have been following. The G2 Axles did not come with tone rings on the rears. That gave me the opportunity to rethink my choice in axles because I was assured that the G2 would bolt in and my ABS would work for street driving. 4Wheel parts was cool enough to work with me also because the deal was not as advertised.

I called Robert after he posted on this thread. I also called Currie and considered a brand new set from them. Currie confirmed that Robert knew his stuff. The deal was much better for the same set up so I went with RWK Haus Supply. More to come when they are delivered and installed.........

wait, why do you actually want ABS?

wait, why do you actually want ABS?

I want the option on the street. Now that the CG in the XJ is much higher with the lift I consider ABS a really good thing. I do see the intent of your question. Off road at slower speeds when you don't need or want it I can disable the system by pulling the relays. The best of both worlds in my mind.

ABS has saved me from bending vehicles more than once as I have mashed a brake pedal through the floor boards in an emergency situation. For the street and traffic I have nothing bad to say about the system. I'm a field sales rep for a living and I am always in rental cars driving around big west coast cities typically distracted because I am trying to find some place with the laptop open, the GPS squawking driving instructions, cell phone ringing and then traffic all the sudden goes form 70 to 5mph on the I405. So far ABS has not delivered that crunching metal sound. Instead just the interesting wrrr and clicking sound of rapid modulation.

ok cool man, you definitely know what ya want! IMO big brakes make up for ABS. Like Ive slammed on my brakes a couple times, but im running stock F350 brakes and a corvette brake cylinder.

However, I did total my first car, a 2001 Cherokee Sport, when my brakes locked up and slid 40 ft into a civic.....

cant wait to see your jeep come together. Im partial to green jeeps myself, but maroon is a great color. oh and I love the V-5's, I run those on my dads TJ.

Wow. I have not explored brake mods yet on the XJ. F350 binders....hmmmm I did not know you could do that. Interesting.

Not to date myself but so far the only time I have done rear end impact modification on another vehicle I was 16 in my newish 1983 Toyota 2wd pickup. At the time I am positive I was probably thinking about how I was going to get laid. Same thing....wheel lock and the inevitable comment of "oh shit" right before impact. Not a total write off but it sucked non the less.

Initially I did not like the Maroon....but it is growing on me. White would have been my preference. You need all the help you can get in the summer months in AZ. White also hides the Arizona pin striping you get from rubbing against ALL the indigenous plants around here.

Back