• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

G2 d44's from 4WheelParts

Ahhh. Gotcha...makes sense.

Hey...totally shifting gears....were do you stand on a turbo kit for an XJ?
Your site implies "someday" and that's on my wish list.

Things might be changing here quickly. The company I work for (day job) is shutting their doors this Jan, so I've been working on getting a full-time shop together. If we can open a shop, we'll definetly be putting together a full kit. :)

wow a turbo kit! I dont think Id trust it on a trail rig, and there would be no need when slow crawling, but I do have a newly acquired street jeep :D

You should have some type of group buy to keep initial cost a little lower.

wow a turbo kit! I dont think Id trust it on a trail rig, and there would be no need when slow crawling, but I do have a newly acquired street jeep :D

I was pondering if you ran boost in the 4-6 psi range if that would give you extra umph on a fully loaded rig. I would think it would be great on the highway and you gotta get to the trail head. But your right I would be curious what that would do to your engine bay temps if you were crawling?

I am thinking my new axles would be well purposed with a turbo!

Indeed. It looked like from the pics though that Robert had built him a late model 44 (JK perhaps?). :laugh3:

Acyually to keep the bolt pattern, width, abs, etc...

Its a late 70's ford high pinion D44 center chunk, with new thick wall 3" tubes and then tj/xj inner c's welded on and all new front HD brackets installed.

Acyually to keep the bolt pattern, width, abs, etc...

Its a late 70's ford high pinion D44 center chunk, with new thick wall 3" tubes and then tj/xj inner c's welded on and all new front HD brackets installed.

Think you could shoot me a PM on what something like that would cost with an ARB, 4.56s and no brackets installed? The assembly looks pretty sweet.

Back