• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fortunately / Unfortunately Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, He's Old Gregg, don't you love him Mischeif Man?(In the prison way, not the homo way! It's a reference to a great series on BBC America called The Mighty Boosh...good stuff!)

unfortunately...I will be deleting some of the posts on you guys when I get home from work in an effort to clean this thread up as this is not the DEN

Fortunately, i don't think any of my posts will get deleted, and we will all try to clean up the thread so it doesn't get shut down.

Unfortunately I see MUCH less wrong with this thread than I do most of the threads in this chapter....there are no curse words, no rudeness, less immorality, less promoting of alcohol and alcoholism, and no vulgarity....truly unfortunately, I can see myself getting banned from this forum very shortly.

Fortunately, the reason cleaning up the thread was discussed had nothing to do with curse words, immorality, promoting of alcohol.alcoholism, or vulgarity.

Fortunately, Jay will get it cleaned it up so we can keep the thread open, and ongoing.

(I think the problem is that things were getting borderline vulgar, and a lot of innuendos were getting tossed around, nothing major, but that type of thing is ok in the Den, but not in open forum. Mod's here in the RRC are a lot more lax then other areas of the board, I see infractions given out frequently in other ares (via the mod forum), for stuff we let slide here regularly. )

Fortunately, I'm staying the HELL away from this one.

Unfortunately, there is no Kilt Wearer's forum for Ian to grace with his presence so we are just stuck with him. :D

fortunately--MM you are wrong. we will not ban you. Your views are welcome just like everyone elses. Sometimes we collide sometimes we agree but we are all friends in the long run. We all(myself included) just have to remember yes we are really relaxed on our chapter compared to some of the other chapters, but we are an open forum viewed by many many race/gender/sexual prefrenced/older people/youngerpeople/families. What we see as funny as our normal group goes they may find repulsive and disrespectful. I and the rest of the mods are just trying to keep that fine line and still have the fun and joking around continue.

Unfortunately, "just trying to keep that fine line" consists of picking and choosing what you deem appropriate at that particular time and is not uniform as to all members, posts, and/or threads. A further unfortunate part of this is that nothing that has been said in this thread is violative of even the strict FCC censorship guidelines. The real unfortunate part of all of this is that you better believe that EVERYTHING that I see posted that MIGHT be offensive to some unknown person will be pointed out and I will DEMAND that it be edited/deleted, and that the first time that it is not, I will use THAT particular phrase, word, image EVERY chance I get in EVERY post I make. How dare any of you dictate what others "might" find offensive.

And the most unfortunate part, I find this thread offensive and degrading to women, but it exists, in a public, open forum...and has since July, 2009, and it is not edited, deleted, or otherwise altered. Spread your version of morality, decency, and purism there why don't ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back