• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

florida

its840

NAXJA Forum User
hey there my name is its840 and im an alcoholic... oh crap, nevermind, thats next week.... but anyways... i just bought my first jeep... its a 98 xj sport.. its only 2 wd (dont flame me) but it was a good buy so i couldnt pass it up... but is there any members down in the sunshine state??

I'm in palm coast, but can't see why you'd even look at a 2wd XJ. You'd better pick up an aussie or a powertrax for that thing or just make it a street jeep. welcom to the board, Im fairly new to this particular forum myself. Do yourself a favor and read all the stickys', sell your 2wd and get a 4wd. Or you can convert to 4wd by getting a d30, np231 and driveshafts from people on this forum. I've got a rear drive shaft and soon a front driveshaft for sale. Later!!

tampa here- just joined a few mins ago lol dont hate on the 2wd's i had one for a long time and i loved it... granted it was an explorer with a mustang gt motor built for street racing (i know... hate on me) but i took it off road for a while then decided i needed a 4x4. bought one about a month ago and am lovin it and gettin ready for my first lift :D

im in port charlotte which is south of tampa but north of ft myers... i couldnt pass up the deal i got on my XJ its a 98 with like 130k its been in my family since new... the rad went outa it so i picked it up for a grand... well it was more then the radiatior... it was water pump and hoses and well the only thing thats hasent been replaced is the heater core... and well i need to replace the AC condinsor so im gonna replace the heater core while i have it open... the 4WD was never realy my thing.. however i have always owned a dirtbike or a 4 wheeler... since now owning this XJ i do plan on tryin to find a 4WD toy now!!! this is pretty much gonna be my street machine!! ive been working with the L67 motor for a number of yrs now so i know the eaton M90 pretty well!!! i think you all know where im goin with this one!!! i just sold a completely rebuilt m90 about a month b4 i picke dup this jeep but they can be had for realy cheap!!! but anyways i like the jeep, its a little diff then being in a car for the past how many ever years.. but so far so good!!! i have a few mods im set out to do here over the next few months!! it didnt come with cruise control, and i want to put in an over head consol.. and upgrade the system... i have a rockford 12" in there now with a 250 watt amp with high low converter and wow does it sould like sheet!!!!! but thanks agan everyone!!!

tampa bay

hey j stone Im in Clearwater, just bought a 90 xj , starting at the fron working my way back , going thru it and doing a bit of tweaking here and there

Joey from NE Tampa area, got a 92 XJ 4WD that I lifted 3 1/2", 31" tires, full rack on top and put on custom front & rear bumpers after RiverRock last year when I put it on its front end. A member of the Tampa Bay Search & Rescue Team 4, which covers 7 counties in Florida. We are an all volunteer group that was developed to respond to the needs of our community. This includes hurricane recovery, missing children, lost campers and hikers, or just giving support to local authorities. I am also a Company Chief with CERF (Christian Emergency Response Force) a volunteer group that response to urban needs and disasters within the Florida area. My XJ is being built for Emergency Response but also for offroading. Can't wait to go back to RiverRock next year.

Joey
"Get Involved"

this is a sad thread. unless your in north fla theres nowhere to ride, so we just log in here and wish it was us out at moab and what not. i need to take a road trip...

have 94 grand cherokee limited with 195000+ tranny wines in reverse when cold,runs&shifts good,new seals,boots &bearings in front 35 axle,,np231 x-case 4speed with od. 4.0 high output eng.$2000 OBO LIVE IN NEW PORT RICHEY PH#727-856-7711

Last edited:
Welcome to NAXJA....Winter Haven area here....Which by the way, there is a Trucks Gone Wild event at the Lakeland Motorsports Park tomorrow...Sunday Jan. 20th...plenty of mud...everything from little splashy holes to rig swallowing monsters...and plenty of HUGE trucks...and crazy goings on. If you come, come early.

www.trucksgonewild.com and www.lakelandmotorsportspark.com

Last edited:
hey all, palm coaster here (30 miles north of daytona) wish there was a place to ride other than the beach oh well it could be 4 degrees like up north today

Florida SUCK thats right SUCKS...........
Oh JUST MUD and i was born and raised here thats why.
I went wheeling with my pops in NC and just blew me away wow!
Now im building my XJ and moving to Maine!!!

Back