• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fall Flog

Okay kevin has decided that he will get one of Steve's grills to do the dogs one so if anyone would like burgers that will be fine.

SOunds like it will be a great turn out....

CU all about 8pm Fri night

Don't forget the beer!

Before you get to the campground!

Looks like I'm gonna make it too, but I'll have to leave Sat. after the ride. Wondering if there will be a moderate group going out Sat., since I'm still at 3 and 31's...
I should be rolling in before dark friday. Weather is looking good!

-mike

Well, The Lady friend I mentioned earlier just backed out
on going, so It will just be me and the family.

She just dont know what shes missing out on.

That also make my plans change a little.
I'll be a little later than planed, probably
roll in at Crawfords about 10:00 am or 11:00 AM
instead of early.
See ya there.

1 stop in charlotte and i'm on the road. c u soon.

SNiff SNiff

:( Sure wish I were going! I think we need to hit Tellico this winter for some snow wheeling! LOL!

Just put it on the trailer. Headed out the door.

We'll be heading out in about 2 hours...be that about 8 pm...

Have a good time

I will be thinking about you guys.

Have a good time.

Still working through the "honey do" list left over from Moab trip.

Just got home had a balst had a little carnage also...

Kevin: Rear Pass glass, pass tail light and litttle 4x4 decal gone...Thanks to going up Upper 2

Mark: Hatch on Pass along with pass tail light and a nice new dent on pass side...again Thanks to going up Upper 2

Woody: Took out glass as to not lose it going up Upper2 opnly to take out the stearing box....

Someother minor scraps and scratchs but thats Four Wheelin....

Had a bLast I tihnk we counted 16 XJs total that showed up quite a showing for the SE crowd....

I'm Back

Add to the carnage, a blown lower radiator hose 5 miles from camp. Mark & I did a quick fix on it and blasted east...with no other issues.

What a spooky ride knowing how small that one box bolt/nut was and knowing the other one was partly rung off :eek:

Had a ball and great to meet some new friends as well as some more of the Tellico faithful.

Thanks to Steve Crawford for the hospitality, Heather & Kevin for the Swampers, Danno for the box brace & the sparks, and to everyone for the pit crew help both in the trail & at camp.

See y'all again soon.

Woody

Hey all, We also got in Aok. Had a little action on the way home also. Andrew's front driveshaft gave out on the out of Murphy, for some reason didn't disconnect, and about halfway home I blew a tire on the trailer.

I wanna say thanks to all for a great time. Had just as much fun in camp as on the trail. Thanks mark for the leadership on the trail, and thanks everyone for just being plain friendly. I an terribly sorry that I suck at names but thanks to the guy who attempted to pull my junk out of the mud pit and I am really sorry you lost a U-Joint trying, next time we meet I owe you a U-Joint.

It was awsome to put some faces to the names and find such friendly folks. I will definatly be joining and definatly will be attending some other events......maybe Land Between the Lakes or Monteagle is in the futre???????????

Thanks again to all fred:)

Glad to see all you guys made it home in pieces:D I knew it was a bad omen when we already had to dig out the wrenches to fix MarkWNC's shackle bolt fiasco at camp Friday afternoon. We hadn't even got to play any at all yet. I think everyone of the "faithful" got something out of the trip:

Mark (WNC)-bashed rear quarter and taillight lense, the shackle bolt deal, and a cracked rear hatch
Woody-steering box departure,door handle departure,and taillight lense(I think)
Kevin-rear quarter glass and taillight lense
Mark (2Offroad)-new trail rash and bashed front bumper
Dale-taillight lense and shock mount
Me-more trail rash on the quarters and the hatch,busted axle shaft u-joint (once again,at camp:rolleyes: )
Bill (with the CJ)-spring shackle hanger and driveshaft separation)

I'm sure I'm forgetting others,but all in all,Tellico took a bite out of all of this go 'round,so I guess it's a good thing that 11 & 12 were closed for work. There's no telling what kind of trouble we'd have gotten into if they weren't :laugh:

"Tellico took a bite out of all of this go 'round,so I guess it's a good thing that 11 & 12 were closed for work. There's no telling what kind of trouble we'd have gotten into if they weren't ."

That's the understatement of the day! I bet more carnage will show up when folks get unpacked and give their junk a peekaboo.

For the record, that wasn't my taillight...I was policing up our collection of harvested parts...See what posing for Danno will get ya! It's as bad as following One-Ton's spotting directions.

We made it home ok too.
Dont forget the night ride on fri. night.
First night ride for me, was definetly different
but had a good time.

We just got home. Rode lower 2 this morning. They did some WORK to it. Walked it with no problem. Gotta love Tellico in the dry. Good to put some names with faces. Dave

Back