• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling 2008 ?

mojojojo said:
just got comfirmation on vacation time. i will be planning on leaving Portland friday the 3rd and leaving Moab on sunday the 12th.

woot woot!
Sweet! meet you in Portland on the 3rd?

Oct. 5th to Oct. 12th eh?

I am down, I wish it was a month earlier as I could incorporate burning man into the trip but hey, I need to take the hippie bus to that not the xj.

You guys all drive your rigs down or tow 'em? My only concern is breaking something major down there.

What spares should someone bring so I can start stock piling stuff?

Doyle said:

If you were Rod I would be bringing the costco pack of tie-rods, beyond that anything you could possibly break.

Doyle said:
You guys all drive your rigs down or tow 'em? My only concern is breaking something major down there.

I tow, but several of our guys have driven there and back multiple times.

Spares? The normal stuff

idler pulley, crankshaft position sensor, alternator, starter, spare tie rod ends, unit bearings, drivelines, transfer case, etc.

J

i would bring a spare jeep, minus the wheels and tires. oh ya, and a costco pack of tie rods.

i am working on a tow rig and trailer. so hopefully i'll be riding in style.

Where are you guys all staying? I was looking aroudn online and will probably end up at a motel, thinking holiday inn right now because they are usually pretty decent places, I stayed at the Best western there 3-4 years ago and it was decent place also. hmmm decision decisions.

mojojojo said:
time for an intervention ?

i could kidnap ya ? :D

Ive got black masks :D

XJCasper said:

After 17 years together there has to be a little give and take. I give...she takes.

Seriously though, she started calling it "Your trip to Ohio" (I told her no, it's Utah). I think that's a good sign, Utah is closer than Ohio.

Obviously you are way too kind to her.... If you were in a more normal <grin> arrangement, she would be glad to get you out of the house for a week or two! Heh heh

sams88 said:
Obviously you are way too kind to her.... If you were in a more normal <grin> arrangement, she would be glad to get you out of the house for a week or two! Heh heh

Bingo...

IXNAYXJ said:
6-12, I think. We slept three to a cabin in May comfortably, so let me know if you wanna join forces. The cabins are pretty basic, but theres A/C and heat.

-----Matt-----

I put in a request to reserve a cabin for the same dates, but haven't received confirmation yet. If I can't get one, I would be happy to pay my share for a spot in your cabin.

-Jeremy

Back