• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust shop help

censored_germ

NAXJA Forum User
So I live in Portland and took my 2001 XJ with a gen 1 383 in it to get the exhaust replaced from headers back. The guy refused to do the work for me because he said that it wouldn’t pass our DEQ (emissions test) and therefore it won’t be street legal. He sited the fact that a cat most likely won’t work with my fuel injection (pro-flo gen 1 I believe) and therefore would go against epa laws. The OBD2 is showing 14 error codes.

I was hoping that someone in the Portland area knows of an exhaust shop that would do the work or if anyone knows of a work around? My current exhaust is rusted with numerous leaks and I already have a brand new set of Sanderson headers

I purchased this Jeep from a guy in Michigan that did the build and had it shipped here

Bones Customs in Oregon City or English Racing in Camas, WA. Bones is a custom 4x4 shop. Mostly does Jeeps. English Racing is a go-fast shop. Definitely try Bones first. The phone number on their website is not working. Use their email.

Back