• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek Oktoberfest: 10/22 - 10/24

just read a weather report that called for a chance of snow in the mtns

We may have a repeat of the first Oktoberfest... :cool:

EvansCreek072.jpg

EvansCreek068.jpg

(Pics stolen from JBWeld from original report)

Dustin we are probably going to want to grab camp sites first thing on Friday, I hear they fill up fast.

Dustin we are probably going to want to grab camp sites first thing on Friday, I hear they fill up fast.
We all should be there early afternoon, so I wouldn't think we'll run into space issues. Especially with it being late October and a possible storm on the way. Either way though for those of you heading out early try and scout out the campground for a few good spots.

XJOFFROAD, I would toss in the BBQ. I don't remember seeing any grates on the fire pits last time I was there. There are bathrooms available, and a pump for water (although it comes out looking like apple juice).

Also, everyone make sure you get your NW Forest Passes before you head up (read first post)!

We all should be there early afternoon, so I wouldn't think we'll run into space issues. Especially with it being late October and a possible storm on the way. Either way though for those of you heading out early try and scout out the campground for a few good spots.

XJOFFROAD, I would toss in the BBQ. I don't remember seeing any grates on the fire pits last time I was there. There are bathrooms available, and a pump for water (although it comes out looking like apple juice).

Also, everyone make sure you get your NW Forest Passes before you head up (read first post)!

I'm planning on heading out around noon so I would suspect I'll get there around the same time or slightly before you guys. My plan is to setup camp (so my crap is not in the rig) then go wheeling.

will do. thanks!

I'm planning on heading out around noon so I would suspect I'll get there around the same time or slightly before you guys. My plan is to setup camp (so my crap is not in the rig) then go wheeling.

I'm shooting for arrival around 1:30. find some camp sites, probably save a couple if need be. WAXJ where you coming from? I'm coming from the everett area will take 405 to 167 then to 410.

also I have not been up to evans in years. once the road hits dirt how many miles is it to the entrance? was thinking it was 10 or so. could be wrong

will do. thanks!

I'm shooting for arrival around 1:30. find some camp sites, probably save a couple if need be. WAXJ where you coming from? I'm coming from the everett area will take 405 to 167 then to 410.

also I have not been up to evans in years. once the road hits dirt how many miles is it to the entrance? was thinking it was 10 or so. could be wrong

I have not been in 3 years I'm coming from Kirkland/Woodinville. if you want to convoy I live a block off the 160th exit. I'll be keeping the speed to 60-65 max though.

That's 160th in King county not up by wally world.

Last edited:
I have not been in 3 years I'm coming from Kirkland/Woodinville. if you want to convoy I live a block off the 160th exit. I'll be keeping the speed to 60-65 max though.

That's 160th in King county not up by wally world.

dont really know when I will be able to leave. wife working that morning so i gotta drop my kids off. pick up my winch bitch for the weekend. thanks for the offer though.

keep your eye out for a 2010 f450 with a xj in tow. that will be us.

I thought we could meet up at the Gee Creek Rest Area right off I5 past the fair grounds about 10:30ish. I posted up a few pages back. That was when I thought we had more people going, if you guys have a better spot let me know.

Works for me. I think i can manage to find I-5 at least :dunno:

dont really know when I will be able to leave. wife working that morning so i gotta drop my kids off. pick up my winch bitch for the weekend. thanks for the offer though.

keep your eye out for a 2010 f450 with a xj in tow. that will be us.

I'll look out for you when you pass me.

sounds like a good run Tim, but lets not forget the 102...thats gotta be run this weekend.

You guys can do the 102 and 311A and 311B friday night. or if we have time we can run them. But that route that i chose will take awhile and we should have some body damage in-route and some winching and pulling to boot.:gee:

In light of all this I will plan on being there Saturday morning 10 AM with some firewood. I don't want to risk too much damage to my rig so whomever is running lighter trails I'm with you. I have no winch but will make sure I have recovery points.

If anyone has requests for extra supplies let me know.

You guys can do the 102 and 311A and 311B friday night. or if we have time we can run them. But that route that i chose will take awhile and we should have some body damage in-route and some winching and pulling to boot.:gee:

sounds good to me Tim. what time you heading out Sat morning? wanna meet up first in BL?

I have mentioned how excited I am.. this weekend is going to be fun. With the weather and rigs.. should be quite an adventure also.

Back