• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek Oktoberfest: 10/22 - 10/24

I will try and make it! but i have been up there the last two weekends in a row. Yes it`s still fun. Today i caved in both passenger doors on the 197 and broke my tranny mount somewhere. will fix her tomorrow.

Call me crazy but I'm kind of hoping for a bit of rain. Here's the latest report from NOAA for Carbonado, WA.
NOAA said:
Friday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54.

Friday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.

Saturday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 53.

Saturday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.

Sunday: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53.
I believe this is the latest rough attendance list. I know a few people are fighting rig issues (myself being one), but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. ;)

-TORX
-mojojojo
-joesxj97
-98CherokeeSport
-WaXJ_Skier
-XJOFFROAD +3
-jonesinxj
-GlueNTape
-uber xj
-Muddy Beast
-billulsund
-Cherokeefever

Last edited:
Call me crazy but I'm kind of hoping for a bit of rain. Here's the latest report from NOAA for Carbonado, WA.

I believe this is the latest rough attendance list. I know a few people are fighting rig issues (myself being one), but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. ;)

-TORX
-mojojojo
-joesxj97
-98CherokeeSport
-WaXJ_Skier
-XJOFFROAD
-jonesinxj
-GlueNTape
-uber xj
-Muddy Beast
-redrider2911
-billulsund
-Cherokeefever

my cousin and a couple buddies sound like they will be showing up for saturday. possible 3 rigs coming

Sorry guys, I got my check this week and it was alot less then I expected. (you guys need to buy more stuff from me. lol ) That and alot of my local friends that were gonna tag along cant afford to go that far either. I think we are going to end up spending the weekend up little naches or rimrock. I hope you guys have alot of fun. Maybe Ill catch the thanksgiving run.

well something came up for me so if i do come it will be just for a few hours on saturday morning

I'll camp Friday night at the minimum, If we end up running everything I'll go home Saturday night.

I have to say tentatively for now.
I need to be saving money for a new place but........

I also don't have rock sliders and I'm not really prepared to risk way too much on my rig until the Mercedes is back from the shop.

sighhhh... decisions decisions....

I can more than likely head up Saturday morning and get there around 10am or so, and wheel most of the day and head back. I assume it's safe to say there will still be some capable rigs hanging around when I get there to do some runs with?

This is, of course, assuming all of my latest repairs work as planned. I took most of today off to work on the Jeep and mostly finished it, should be driving by Wednesday.

I can more than likely head up Saturday morning and get there around 10am or so, and wheel most of the day and head back. I assume it's safe to say there will still be some capable rigs hanging around when I get there to do some runs with?

This is, of course, assuming all of my latest repairs work as planned. I took most of today off to work on the Jeep and mostly finished it, should be driving by Wednesday.
There will be plenty of capable rigs, and I'll be there too!

Scott if you can get to the campground by 10:00 you'll probably catch us. I would imagine we'll try to push for a 9am departure, but it always seems to workout to a 10am instead on camping trips.

We very well may split into two groups depending on what people want to do on Saturday. IE: full day of wheeling vs wheel for a few hours come back to camp and then head out again. For those of us staying Fri-Sun we'll easily be able to do all the trails in that time, and then some.

For those of you one the fence, you should definitely try and make it!

Is anyone bringing firewood? I don't have the greatest selection, but I'll set some aside tomorrow. The nights will be dropping into the low 30's so we'll definitely want a lot of it.

I dont have any fire wood, so i'm praying there is a place near evens that sells wood...

you are going to want to stop at a store in Bonney Lake, That's pretty much the last stop for decent services.

Any Oregon guys willing to transport some axle shafts back to Oregon with you?

On Saturday I`d figured that we could start off with the Rockface of the 196 then jump on the 197 up to the 198 then down to the 519 up over that to the upper 520 then back down to the 196 and down to the fish bowl. You`ll need at least one locker maybe two to run these.

Back